Author Topic: Hello, does anyone remember me?  (Read 3920 times)

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
Hello, does anyone remember me?
« on: April 15, 2020, 10:52:44 AM »
Hello everyone, does anyone remember me? My name is Caroline and I live in Wiltshire with my husband.  Fern was our beloved cocker and she sadly passed away last June when she had just turned 14 :'( she was our world and it was such a difficult time.

We didn't think we would get another dog, not for a long while anyway as the heartache when Fern got ill and then had to be pts was so unbearable, but...  we heard in Feb that the people we got Fern from were expecting a litter, so we are now waiting for a new bundle of puppy to come along.  They were born on 14th March.  We dithered with deciding whether to have one, particularly with all that is going on at the moment so we didn't have a choice of which pup to have because all but one had deposits on but we know we are getting a golden boy who is super cute.  We decided just in the nick of time.

I used to post on this forum a lot during the first half of Fern's life and went on a couple of cocker meet ups in the New Forest.

I am sure I will be on here a lot when puppy comes with lots of questions as my new puppy mum skills are a bit rusty.

Hello to friends old and new xx
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Hello, does anyone remember me?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 11:21:55 AM »
Welcome back Caroline - I am happy that you are having a new addition in a golden boy....Jay was golden and a sweet softie - then came Ollie who is 12 and was a rescue....rules the house totally.

I am sure Fern would want a tiny bundle coming to you who will be loved and adored as she was....how lucky your puppy will be and all his friends here will love the photo and answer any questions you may have. 

There are still a few oldies around and am sure you will get some familar names coming along.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline sarahb2206

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 11:51:06 AM »
Hi Caroline & welcome back!!!
I have only just re-joined myself, and I am pretty sure we must have met at the New Forest meet-ups - we had Bramble who too sadly passed a couple of years ago, so would have been roughly the same age as Fern.
We recently took the decision to have another furry monster in the house, and thought it may be a long wait, but I was contacted by a lady who had someone pull out due to current circumstances, so we are expecting a delivery this Sunday!!! (delivery, as in we have booked a very reputable pet transportation company to delver.....)  It is very strange times, as we are doing everything we are not supposed to, but the person we are getting her from has been wonderful and extremely open - lots of face times, photos and videos - with Mum as well as pups.....  a whatsapp group for all us excited soon-to-be-new owners, etc, etc!!!
Looking forward to seeing your new pup, and maybe when all this madness is over, we can have another mad new forest meet up?  :) xxxxx :005:
Sarah and Bramble XX

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 08:36:39 AM »
Hi both thank you for the warm welcome.

This forum seems a lot quieter than it used to be. I guess there must be other things that people use such as Facebook etc.

I will keep popping on to see how everyone is getting on.

xx

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 02:37:22 PM »
Hi and welcome back! Yes, the forum is very quiet, but personally I still prefer it to facebook so I am glad to see people return. Hoping to see many posts about the new puppy! I am sorry to read that you lost Fern, I'd love to hear about her too.

My Laurië is an older lady now, but she doesn't know yet so don't tell her *shhh*  ;) There is always someone on the forum helping out when I need advise on how to care for a geriatric cocker. I'm sure some of us will remember how to deal with puppy madness too.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 07:28:59 PM »
Hello, nice to see you again, good to hear you feel ready for a new family member.  It's really tough.  I am not a user of Facebook, so still come on here for a read. 

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 07:59:53 PM »
I’m sure I replied this but it’s gone!

Mari how old is Laurie? Fern was 13. I didn’t think I could have another as my heart was well and truly broken, but I miss having a mad cocker around and we have such wonderful memories of Fern.  Be interesting to see how different it is with a boy!

How do people put photos on here nowadays, I imagine my photo bucket account had expired!

I’m a bit anxious about getting our puppy, I remember it not being the easiest of things to do, but  worth it in the end!!

We have called him Sam and he’s coming (hopefully) on 15th May xx

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 08:48:56 PM »
Mari how old is Laurie? Fern was 13. I didn’t think I could have another as my heart was well and truly broken, but I miss having a mad cocker around and we have such wonderful memories of Fern.  Be interesting to see how different it is with a boy!

How do people put photos on here nowadays, I imagine my photo bucket account had expired!

I’m a bit anxious about getting our puppy, I remember it not being the easiest of things to do, but  worth it in the end!!

We have called him Sam and he’s coming (hopefully) on 15th May xx

14 this year. I can't even imagine life without her. But I know I have to be thankful for every day I get with her  :luv:

Someone on here recommended imgbb for uploading pictures, easy to use, I'm happy with it.

I would be anxious too, but you have raised a puppy before so it is probably easier this time, right?  :lol2: I'm sure it will be a joy to have some cocker madness back in the house.

Sam is a lovely name! He can probably help you remember all the good memories of Fern. Male or female, cockers have something special about them.

Offline Gromit

• Site Member
  • Always look up.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 06:16:32 PM »
Yes, I remember you too. Hope you have a great time meeting little Sam when he comes. I bet you go all "wet in the eyes"! I have been wondering how folk go about getting their new furball in these weird times we are in.

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 01:53:01 PM »
Thanks Mari, yes you enjoy every precious day, lots of love and cuddles.

Gromit, hi thanks for remembering me!

I think we will go and get him, whilst maintaining social distancing.  There was a question on one of the news channels about if getting a puppy is ok, and the person said if it’s a business transaction and that it is delivered then it is ok, although I can’t really see the difference between them bringing him and us collecting him.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 04:56:42 PM »
As Frank Ifield sang - I Remember youhoo

I'm still kicking about COL and thankfully still have Minstrel (nearly 7) and Branston (nearly 6) babes in comparison to some of our elder pooches

Glad to have old friends return. :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »
Ahh that’s nice thank you 😊 maybe we can build the old gang up!! I used to absolutely live on here!! I remember you too!! xx

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »
Welcome back Caro. It would be great to have more members coming back.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 11:45:05 PM »
I pop in now and then. Congrats on the new furbaby. Exciting times ahead. Can not think of a better medicine to help the world moving on. My girl is now 9,a little stiff in the joints but still rules the roost and I would not have it any other way
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----