Author Topic: 34 cockers at Many Tears  (Read 5491 times)

Offline daw

Re: 34 cockers at Many Tears
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »
We were on holiday in S Wales last week and I volunteered at MT's for a day.  There are so many dogs there just now, and lots and lots of cockers! It is an amazing place, even though they have had a lot of change, the dogs must feel so much better in clean warm airy kennels, with good food and kind words.  There was a kennel full of golden cockers, I had to go in and say hello, would have been rude not to!  Please spread the word people, FB does help a lot in cases such as this.

Being Welsh I feel ashamed of the puppy farm industry. Can I ask one thing of anyone who has this sort of experience please? Even if visiting for a day. Write a polite reasonable letter explaining that dogs cannot be 'farmed' in the way that chickens are because as highly intelligent social animals they have evolved for close contact with each other and man in a varied, stimulating  environment. They cannot be kept as breeding machines without extreme welfare compromise. You personally will not chose to holiday again nor spend money in any area that has this practise going on. Please send this letter to 1. The local council. 2. the local WAM and 3. the local or  national tourist office.

Every attempt at stopping this vileness hits the brick wall of rural Welsh belief in the sanctity of farmers to the local economy. Actually it survives on tourism and that needs to be threatened constantly to put the puppy farmers out of business.

Thank-you   

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 04:01:45 PM »
What a great way to do things DAW, my heart breaks when I see the poor dogs on the MT site and then reading the mental problems they have it is not fair to treat any animal in such a way.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 05:58:00 PM »
That is a really good idea.  I have been down to MT's to visit and volunteer in the centre, and while the area is beautiful, it does genuinely put me off knowing that there are so many puppy farms there.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 09:32:47 PM »
I may have to close this or move it as its turning into a puppy farm discussion thread, which is for another part of the board instead of rehoming
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!