Author Topic: Foster Home Needed - NESSR  (Read 859 times)

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
Foster Home Needed - NESSR
« on: May 30, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »
Quote by Rhyannon - Rehoming team for NESSR

NESSR have been asked by a dog warden to take in an oldie cocker he is aged somewhere between 8 and 10 years old. He is Black and Tan and apparently great with people and children but does get alittle grumbly with other dogs ..... we think he is in need of a dental and has cateracts so this could be one reason for his grumbles. He loves his crate and is happy to sleep in there. I am still awaiting more details but I have 5 dogs here and I would ideally like to move him into an experienced foster home where there are no dogs OR where there are not many dogs and those that are resident are nice calm and steady dogs ........ basically my lot are very bouncy and some oldies find them too much.

He was an ex-puppy farm stud dog who was sold to his owner two years ago, they bought him thinking he was 18 months old but their vet said he was nearer 6-8 years old when they bought him. He is castrated but I do not know yet if he is microchipped. They are rehoming him as they don't have time for him and want to spend more weekends away and on holiday and don't want to take him with them!!

He is currently in South Wales, I can hold him overnight for B&B but I think it only fair that he gets a quieter foster home.

You can pm me on Col or Nessr forum if you could help this lad.

Jim
Jim, Kate, Bails, Millie & Gypsy Working for
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR / NECSR Cocker Rehoming Co-ordinator