Author Topic: Aggie 12yrs dogs trust newbury ???  (Read 1521 times)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
Aggie 12yrs dogs trust newbury ???
« on: July 10, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »
this old girl seems to have been there for a few weeks now :'( :'(, can someone post her picture
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline SJP

• Site Member
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Re: Aggie 12yrs dogs trust newbury ???
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »
awwww :luv: :luv: :luv: she is soooo beautiful.
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 03:15:10 PM »
I can't help thinking that her family is still out there somewhere looking for her. How could a dog like that, at her age, be a real stray?

I don't think this home would be the quiet one she needs!

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 05:36:23 PM »

That's it, I need to figure out how I can afford to give up work so I can take in all these doggies in need of a home....  ph34r
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 07:57:07 PM »
aw bless her! She's so sweet. I'd love to have her but I think two puppies and two kids under 12..........
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline PennyB

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:47:17 PM »
I can't help thinking that her family is still out there somewhere looking for her. How could a dog like that, at her age, be a real stray?

Sadly it happens all the time --- we get them in the pound all the time and no doubt in pounds all over the UK. People will dump their dogs whatever their age
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline badgeralbert

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:19:06 AM »

Sadly it happens all the time --- we get them in the pound all the time and no doubt in pounds all over the UK. People will dump their dogs whatever their age

Well they ought to be shot then, just dumping them because they're old.  My Badger is 12 and 1/2, how anyone could do this I will never know, it makes my blood boil.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 06:32:14 AM »
there are just so many cockers in recue at the moment its dreadful, many tears alone have 8 ,plus 3 cocker crosses (2 of which are golden ret x cocker) and there are loads in rescues around the uk ,though i have to say i tried to adopt a rescue cocker and was told my fence too low 3,1/2 ft and another lady on here was told working 4 hrs a day was too much ,so they are getting very fussy,
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »

Well they ought to be shot then, just dumping them because they're old.  My Badger is 12 and 1/2, how anyone could do this I will never know, it makes my blood boil.

I read in the paper not so long ago that more dogs were being thrown out because of rising mortgage costs, fuel, etc.  However, the article went on to say that the numbers would increase during the summer as people could no longer afford kennel fees when they went on holiday .. ????  So, in reality, it is people who should never own a dog in the first place .. if you can afford a holiday you are not hard up!  Personally, no matter how bad things have been financially for me, Rosie always came first .. I couldn't live with myself it it had been any other way.

Sadly, I do know of someone who has dogs PTS as soon as any problems begin .. they use the excuse of not letting the dog suffer, but in reality it has nothing to do with that.  One dog became diabetic and because injections were involved she said it wasn't right and had her euthanised!  Some people never truly bond with their dogs and so when the dog actually needs more input from the owner, both in respect to time and money, they simply dispose of them because in truth the dog was only ever a possession.   :'(

Offline Happy Cassie

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 09:11:50 AM »
adopt a rescue cocker and was told my fence too low 3,1/2 ft and another lady on here was told working 4 hrs a day was too much ,so they are getting very fussy,

Having just spent the best part of a month looking for a cocker at all the rescue centres locally, I agree about the fussyness of some of the staff at these places. Although, there seems to be two sets of rules really - they check out your garden is secure and that you don't work too long hours etc etc - but then don't really seem interested in whether you are actually a real dog lover or not - I mean the real nitty gritty of things like the bonding and the regular walks etc. As a result, i looked at a few dogs (not Cockers) who had been 'placed' with people - only to have them returned -some within 24 hours!!! - because they said they 'didn't fit in' or they weren't properly housetrained for instance >:D. What do these people expect - a ready-made companion?!!! It makes me so angry!  >:D the added stress put on these dogs must be overwhelming for the more anxious ones. Its heartbreaking. :luv: I only hope that the one we have chosen will be able to get over the trauma of living in a kennels for months.
To want more out of life is not a personal deficiency or a minor insanity!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 09:25:39 AM »
though i have to say i tried to adopt a rescue cocker and was told my fence too low 3,1/2 ft and another lady on here was told working 4 hrs a day was too much ,so they are getting very fussy,

I don't think that's at all fair really - rescues have a difficult job to do and don't make up rules for the sake of it. I'd say a 3 1/2 foot fence was too low for an adult Cocker (we've had several dogs who could get over a fence that height will no problems at all) so the rescue was being sensible here rather than fussy. And if a rescue has a dog they know requires company for most of the day, then someone working 4 hours a day may not be suitable for that dog but may be suitable for another.

As this thread is really about finding a home for Aggie , it's probably best if any further discussion about rescue policies generally is saved for a new thread elsewhere, thanks.
Jane