Author Topic: Adore, 6yr Old Golden Girl at Many Tears  (Read 1386 times)

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Adore, 6yr Old Golden Girl at Many Tears
« on: November 22, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
Text and Images from ManyTears.co.uk

22-11-09 Adore is a 6 year old Cocker Spaniel. She and her sisters have been kept as breeding dogs and not lived in a house.  They have now been retired and are looking for lovely pet homes. We were told by the breeder that they fought if together but these 4 girls are getting along very well in pairs. They are braver and a little more confident around people than some of the breeding girls we take in but will still need a home with another dog.

PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home ex-breeding dogs where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company.  They get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up.

Offline SandraD

Re: Adore, 6yr Old Golden Girl at Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 04:20:08 PM »
What a little sweetie, hope Adore finds her forever home really soon. :luv:

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
Poor girl - she looks more matted and unkempt than her sisters :'(. Hope she's lucky soon.

Offline paulette

• Honey in the garden
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »
[Thank you for putting these beautiful dogs on so we can see them, after getting Honey from Many Tears in September, I would definitely get another dog from them, but not yet, Honey has had one lot of surgery and has to go back for more, the second lot of surgery will take all morning and we have spent thousand in trying to improve her quality life, she is insured but pre existing problems are not covered, so if you take a dog on be aware, as Honey looked very health when we got her, but we love her so much, and she barked once at the weekend and my husband and I looked at one another and said we got a dog.     :clapping:
paulette

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 10:37:59 PM »
From the website

02-12-09 UPDATE
Adore came to us for fostering last Sunday (29th Nov) and so far is settling really well. She is most confident around other dogs but is also happy to go to people for a bit of fuss. She has met a couple of cats and totally ignored them. Her fur was so matted I couldn't get the lumps out and so have had to shave and cut off quite allot of her fur but it will soon grow back with hopefully a lovely shiny coat. She is now wearing a nice warm jumper instead! Her toilet training is coming on well so I don't think it will take long before she is 100% clean. We have taken her for a short walk each day on a harness and she is a bit nervous and stop/starts allot but is making good progress. The children (4, 9 and 10yrs) all love her as she's quite happy snuggling up to them for lots of cuddles and she's not bothered by their noise or fast movements so a home with children would be fine. She is rather thin so we have been giving her three meals a day which she happily polishes off. she really is the sweetest and easiest dog you could possibly wish for so I'm sure there'll be lots of you out there that have a great home waiting for this girly.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline ClareG

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:02:59 PM »
Hi Everyone
I'm Clare and I'm fostering Adore (we call her Dory). This is the first time on this forum as i dont own a Cocker myself but do foster them occasionaly so thought it might be a good idea.
Dory is a beautifull dog, she is coming out of her shell more and more each day. Everyone who meets her falls in love!
I have an ex breeding boxer and I have fostered many of them for many tears so if you want any info on fostering, ex breeding dogs or just on Adore (dory) then give me a shout!
I will take some more photos of her and post them asap

Clare x

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »
Thank you for the update, we've been watching her and the dogs that came in with her on the website - glad to hear she's doing so well, hope she finds a wonderful forever home soon, sounds like she's an angel!

Sophie
x

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »
Welcome Clare!
Quite a few of us have had Many Tears dogs - I've had 3! :o
She's beautiful, and sounds like a real darling!
Thanks!
Mary
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!