Author Topic: Yania 4 Year Old Female at Many Tears  (Read 3555 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Yania 4 Year Old Female at Many Tears
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »

27-09-2012 Yania is a 4 year old exbreeding Cocker Spaniel. Yania is a nervous little girl and will need lots of time and patience to help her. She doesn't walk on a lead yet and has never lived in a home before so will need a nice confident and calm dog to help show her all about these new things. Yania is beautiful and just needs the opportunity and the time to shine.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
Re: Yania 4 Year Old Female at Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »
Beautiful fluffy little girl :luv: :luv:
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline Honormum

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
I could cry at the number of ex breeding dogs that are coming into rescue, never having been loved. :'(

What is wrong with people - and why can't something be done about it? >:D

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »
She is so pretty  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Fingers all crossed for you Yiana  :D

Offline Dinah

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »
Yania has just moved 'Up North' a bit. :blink:  She's a lovely cocker, and once she's got her figure back she'll be a stunner.  Yania has had a good sniff of the garden & happily mingled with my dogs.  Cats haven't come in yet, but fingers crossed she'll be fine with them too.  :blink:

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »
Give her a cuddle from me  :luv:

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 08:42:38 PM »
18-10-12 UPDATE
Yania is a lovely girl who is starting to come into her own. When she first arrived with us she would not let anyone touch her and she wouldn't leave the kitchen. Now she is coming on to the sofa for cuddles, although she is still nervous of being stroked but once she is comfortable she will let you give her a good fuss. She is a cheeky girl sometimes, but that makes her all the sweeter. She is still a little jumpy, but is getting better every day. She is starting to walk on the lead as long as she is with other dogs she does sometimes have a panic moment and struggle but will calm with patience. She meets other dogs really well and will need another dog to live with to. She is ok with children but with her being so nervous she will need to be with a family with older dog savvy children. This lovely girl has had a hard life so far, and really needs someone to love her and let her become the sweet and loving dog that she was always meant to be.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »
Yania has just moved 'Up North' a bit. :blink:  She's a lovely cocker, and once she's got her figure back she'll be a stunner.  Yania has had a good sniff of the garden & happily mingled with my dogs.  Cats haven't come in yet, but fingers crossed she'll be fine with them too.  :blink:

How is Yania getting on?
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline Dinah

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
Not been here long enough for a detailed update, but with time and patience Yania will make a lovely pet dog. :blink:

Offline Dinah

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »
Just bumping my girl back up the list! ;)  Yania's confidence is growing daily now.  She loves her walks in the woods, and wants to go running with my cockers.  Of course she can't yet as recall is non-existant, but watch this space. :blink:  Hope to do a fuller update soon.

Offline Dinah

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
Video update now on MT site. :blink:  Yania is not happy being photographed so had to make do with what I had.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
Oh blimey Dinah you could've warned about the need for a tissue  :shades:  Bless her, Yania is such a sweetheart, when you see her in the woods you can see just how far she's come from that frightened girl she was when she first came to you  :luv: Looks like she adores your lab  :luv:
Really hope she finds her forever home very soon, she surely deserves it  :luv:
 :bigarmhug:'s to you for helping this lovely girl find her inner cocker spaniel  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 10:44:37 AM »
Dinah

Congratulations on teaching her what love is. I'm sure her forever home is not far away

Offline Dinah

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 08:09:10 PM »
Can't take all the credit for this little one's progress as she was with a lovely local fosterer (who did the first written update) before she came up to me. :blink:  I don't think her forever home is going to take too long to find either. :blink:

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
I could cry at the number of ex breeding dogs that are coming into rescue, never having been loved. :'(

What is wrong with people - and why can't something be done about it? >:D

I totally agree with you on this, but if even major stores in London are selling pups, then what chance do we have of stopping puppy farms?

6 years ago we went to see some cocker puppies, at what turned out to be a puppy farm. They had three breeding bitches in one cage, we didn't come home with a pup, we came home with one of the bitches and showed her what true love was. Sadly, she only lived for another 3 1/2 years, she was just turned 3 when we got her, before she developed cirrhosis of the liver. We managed to keep her going for 5 months, before she went to the bridge. She took some time to train and be slimmed down (she was 19kg when we got her and we got her back to 12kg), but at least she had 3 1/2 happy years