Author Topic: Whistle at Many Tears  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Whistle at Many Tears
« on: January 01, 2016, 09:05:39 PM »

:luv: :luv: :luv:

22-12-15 Whistle is a 4 year old ex-breeding cocker. She arrived here very matted and in need of a groom and this will be done as soon as possible.  Whislte has never known a home or been loved but she lets us cuddle her but will need other dog or dogs to help boost her confidence. She doesn't know how to walk on a lead and will need to learn about house training.  She has never been inside a home and so things like the washing machine or hoover will seem frightening at first.  Whistle has a scar next to her right eye which has made it a bit droopy but she can still see out of it.  If you have time and patience she is going to become a really lovely addition to your home so please read our information about ex-breeding dogs and if you think you can offer her the home and life she deserved complete her application form.
PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home dogs who have come from breeders where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company. They usually get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up. Please read our information on ADOPTING EX-BREEDING DOGS before you apply.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Whistle at Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 10:49:18 PM »
4 years old and never known a home or been loved.  Another one breaking my heart.  Hope her life changes very soon and she will never know what it is like to be unloved ever again.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
It breaks my heart, seeing all thes poor girls and boys,being used as ongoing breeding machines >:( >:D
They all deserve a warm comfortable bed, good food and love, here's hoping they are not waiting too long :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:13:10 AM »
Still looking  :luv:
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:29:12 PM »
10/02/16   
Whistle has been with us for just over a week now and getting braver by the day. When she arrived she was covered in mess through fear and stunk!  She ran and hid in a corner in the kitchen, barked and bared her teeth at all of us. Somehow I knew she meant no harm and was just scared. I managed to grab her and take her in the shower throughout which she just shook. Once wrapped tightly in a towel I sat on the sofa holding her until she slept. This is how she was, very fearful and hand shy but she is now coming on so well. She battles the harness and lead but loves her walks now. Good in the car and, whilst wary, she is meeting people and dogs with more confidence. She is clean overnight and sleeps well snuggled on the sofa with my dogs and has been left for short periods, again with my dogs. Whistle is totally respectful of the cat who normally puts the dogs in their place but she hasn't had to with this little girl. No food aggression but she is still very skittish when eating as though some of is going to hurt her which is so sad to see. She will need company but she is really good with my old guys and she loved the puppy we were also fostering. She needs a kind home who will let her come to them in her time but the cuddles and watching her stretch and relax as she realises she's not going to be hurt is worth every minute.

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 06:39:23 PM »
23/02/16
Hi, my name is whistle, AKA scuttlebutt as I am known here because of the way I scuttle around after the others.  I am still a bit scared of people but very brave around washing machines, TV's and even a cat.
Walks are great and I get excited when foster mum gets the wellies out. I love running through mud, puddles and soggy grass with my foster family and I have met lots of people including children and I treat them all the same - I hide behind foster mum and run away a little bit if they come close but always come back.
Looove my sleep and always sleep all night ideally with a snuggle buddy.
I do need to have another dog, possibly more, in my new home but I've fitted in well here,  don't try and nick anybody's food or treats and the guys here are very old and they seem to think I'm ok. A country home with lots of walks would be nice but someone who is happy to let me get used to them would be just perfect wherever you are. Thank you and big licks - Whistle.