Author Topic: Young Working Cocker? boy :luv:  (Read 10723 times)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: young x boy :luv:
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »
I thought I saw him on MT and it said he was a collie/cocker cross??

no history on him joules, he's a poundie so their guess is a cross because of his 'unusual' colouring

to me & penel he looks full working cocker - his shape fits, head, ears as well, fur/feathering is right  -  think he's a a blue roan and tan (we of course could be completely wrong!)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 10:46:19 PM »

The thing about poundies is that its hard to know for sure - and anyway who CARES, hes gorgeous  :luv:

.....as for the oh, show him the picture....how can he resist that beautiful dog!?

He's just walked in from work - and successfully resisted  :'( He's not swayed by public opinion, either - he's the practical one and highlights all the disadvantages of two dogs :(
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Penel

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »

I would suggest they don't know what they are looking at.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 10:48:41 PM »
Well, I guess they don't see many dogs!!  :shades:  In the pic on the MT website he does look more lanky and collie-like though and his colouring is unusual for a cocker.
Julie and Watson

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 10:54:48 PM »
oh nooooooo, i just went on the mt site to see him and there is an oes there.no sleep for me tonight i will be thinking of him and trying to figure a way of jim finding him.
i think trivia looks quite leggy but that was how paddy looked at that age(just not so skinny)
hmmm 4 dogs????????

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 11:02:46 PM »
oh nooooooo, i just went on the mt site to see him and there is an oes there.no sleep for me tonight i will be thinking of him and trying to figure a way of jim finding him.
i think trivia looks quite leggy but that was how paddy looked at that age(just not so skinny)
hmmm 4 dogs????????

Well surely you could sneak in an OES without anyone noticing?  He won't take up much room after all  :005: :005:  Poor Porridge, he just needs a loving home  :'( :'(
Julie and Watson

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 11:04:03 PM »
Any takers on Trivia ?????

Bless him  :luv:

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 11:08:11 PM »
hmmm 4 dogs????????

devon isn't that far from mt is it? if jim sees him then he'll be mine :lol:
i loved grooming my oes,we used to spend hours with the brush and comb,the ribbons.bobbles and red food dye for her pony tail on the top of her head :lol: do you think a boy oes would let me do the same??? ;)

Well surely you could sneak in an OES without anyone noticing?  He won't take up much room after all  :005: :005:  Poor Porridge, he just needs a loving home  :'( :'(

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 11:08:27 PM »
One of you girls helen, rachel or Lyn will have to give in to your feelings ( just like i have recentley) and go and get him. He is so unusually beautiful.
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 07:45:34 AM »

i loved grooming my oes,we used to spend hours with the brush and comb,the ribbons.bobbles and red food dye for her pony tail on the top of her head :lol: do you think a boy oes would let me do the same??? ;)

Sure Porridge wouldn't mind.  He would probably be a bit confused judging by his background if someone started putting ribbons and bobbles in his hair!!  ::) Obviously you would have to use a manly blue dye for him though :005: :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 08:45:31 AM »
to me & penel he looks full working cocker - his shape fits, head, ears as well, fur/feathering is right  -  think he's a a blue roan and tan (we of course could be completely wrong!)

Looks like a blue and tan Working Cocker to me too. I guess MT mainly sees the show-type Cockers from puppy farms which is why they've assumed he's a cross as he looks a bit different to what they're used to seeing. Lovely boy though - he won't be waiting long for his new home :D
Jane

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 08:49:57 AM »
although i would dearly love to take this boy on my head must rule and i really can't at the moment -  we need to sort out our territorial *issue* between the new rescue dog next door and jarvis (which could be a slow process), and it wouldn't be fair on any of the dogs to take on another boy at this stage  :-\ :'( :'(
helen & jarvis x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 09:46:41 AM »
C'mon then Rachel.... you know you want to  :luv: :luv: ;)
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 01:00:32 PM »
C'mon then Rachel.... you know you want to  :luv: :luv: ;)

Much as I might be tempted to trade my OH for the gorgeous Trivia, I have to hope someone else will offer him a suitable home - for a number of other reasons I am unable to follow my heart on this one  :'(

I am sure such a gorgeous boy won't be waiting long - and hopefully, his new family will let us know how he is getting on  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »
 >:D >:D one of my horrid kids has warned jim of impending cocker no'3.he won't answer his phone and he sent me a txt saying no more dogs :'(
still, he will have to answer the phone sometime!!!!!!