Author Topic: Young Working Cocker? boy :luv:  (Read 10720 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: young x boy :luv:
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »
>:D >:D one of my horrid kids has warned jim of impending cocker no'3.he won't answer his phone and he sent me a txt saying no more dogs :'(
still, he will have to answer the phone sometime!!!!!!

:005: :005: :005: You go git him girl!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline rose

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2006, 06:15:41 PM »
hi guys, well you argue away he is  :luv: :luv: :luv: lol
i am no pro on cockers but do know my dogs, i knew when i picked him up there was no collie in him as that is my breed, wasnt sure if he was full wk cocker though because of the tan colour and longer legs.

he is chilled once he has had his good spaite of exersise, but does love a good play with the rest of the residence and is happy to lead or be led.
tug with my collie girl with a squicky toy is the best

just to make you  :luv: ph34r even more

please email me if interested lol rose xxx

p.s its billy whizz hence short to billy !! :lol:

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 07:57:31 PM »
omg look at those lovely markings on his legs :luv: :luv:
rose you may be getting an email off me tomorrow.i am really working on jim and am phoning him every half our through the liverpool game :lol: :lol:
must say i don't think mt will let me take him though coz paddy is entire and ellie hasn't even had her first season yet.

Penel

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 09:52:11 PM »
rose you may be getting an email off me tomorrow.i am really working on jim and am phoning him every half our through the liverpool game :lol: :lol:
must say i don't think mt will let me take him though coz paddy is entire and ellie hasn't even had her first season yet.

is that relevant if he is neutered ?

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 09:58:02 PM »

is that relevant if he is neutered ?

A lot of rescues won't rehome if there are existing entire dogs/bitches in the home - regardless of the gender of the rescue dog - it is seen as an indication of responsible dog ownership to neuter all dogs in the home (there was a big debate on DP about this recently  ph34r)

I'm not sure of MT policy - but many rescues do this and it seriously effects any hope I had of rescuing in the future :(
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Penel

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 10:44:33 PM »
Just found this pic of a working cocker on a working gundog site - looks a lot like him doesn't it..

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 10:50:03 PM »
pennyb will post a pic of my friend's working cocker Lily, she 's a blue roan and tan, I think he's a lot like her, if he is he will be lovely, Lily is a fantastic girl. Hope he gets a good home soon

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 10:51:38 PM »
'cept billy's far more handsome :luv: than the one you found penel...

jann - lily is utterly beautiful
helen & jarvis x

Offline PennyB

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 11:35:49 PM »
Jann's friend's lovely cocker Lily

Have also resized it for you Jann as well as done the other thing (you now need to delete the link in your reply as well ;)

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 07:25:04 AM »
Just found this pic of a working cocker on a working gundog site - looks a lot like him doesn't it..

Yes, that does look like Billy.  Gorgeous and so unusual  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline rose

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2006, 08:05:14 AM »
 :luv: i was and am really hoping he goes to an experianced home , hence why i wanted him on here !!!
you all know what cockers can be like and this lad needs the right track so he doesnt end up back where he started from. from his temp etc and ways i have a rough guess on what has happended to him (nothing nasty) but would love to see him in a good home

lol rose xx

i will await email  ;)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2006, 02:53:23 PM »
Oh he's gorgeous! We adopted Hamish a while back, and he's still a bit nervy sometimes, but having two is fabulous - I'm sure he won't be waiting long. :luv:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Archieboy

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »
omg, he is so handsome, I would really love him but I cant have two dogs in a flat without direct access to a garden, even though the beach is across the road >:(  the flat is on the market cos we want a garden for archie but nothing yet, oh what a shame, the timing is completely wrong and archie would love a playmate :'(

We are going to get a 2nd dog when we move, as archie is male, what is best to get male or female?

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2006, 08:53:25 PM »
 ph34r ph34r ph34r i am not allowed another dog.jim says he is putting his foot down.he says over sixty quid in insurance a month is asking to much of a skinflint(him not me) and we are a little worried that ellie is showing some signs of a season already.
i have emailed rose with another forum she could post on about him.it's all about gundogs and hunting.
best of luck little man.

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »
We are going to get a 2nd dog when we move, as archie is male, what is best to get male or female?

I have two boys and a girl.  They all get on famously!  :luv:

I got Sapphi first, then Max. They loved each other from the minute they met. The came Barney.  He's only five months now, but he and Max are inseperable. Max is neutered so I don't know if that makes a difference, but Max is still the boss. He has been since the day he arrived.  Some days I think Barney might be the boss eventually!

I know people who have all girls and I know people who have all boys and neither of them have any problems.  I originally got Max because I was told two bitches would fight.  Now I know people with two or more bitches and don't have any problems.

I don't think you can have a hard and fast rule, and it depends on the individual dogs. Sorry, that wasn't much help for you.  ::)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)