Author Topic: Cocker Spaniel Wanted  (Read 5784 times)

Offline lizmil

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Wanted
« on: October 12, 2003, 05:19:21 PM »
Hi

We have a rescue cocker spaniel (Murphy) who is roughly 7 years old.  He was going to be put down because he was neglected for about 3-4 years and had gangreen in his mouth.  He got all his teeth pulled and was lucky enough to survive.  What a great little boy he is - we just love him.

We are looking for a companion.  It won't matter what age.  We can't afford much but are willing to pay a small fee.  

We live in Kilmarnock in Scotland.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted with Permission from CockersOnline Admin.                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Cocker Spaniel Wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 10:29:18 AM »
Hi Lizmil

And welcome to CockersOnline :D :D

How lovely to hear that you have rescued this boy and given him such a wonderful new lease of life.

Have you contacted the Scottish Rescue Representative Mrs
Wilma Reid Tel: 01555 870373.

All the best

Dessie :D :D                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline lizmil

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Wanted
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 05:10:04 PM »
Hi

Yes, I have tried all the cocker rescue centres and they say they aren't busy at the minute.

We are really desperate for a companion for our little Murphy, we just know he would love to run about the park with another little cocker.

So I would be really greatful if anyone can help.  thanks for your reply.                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Cocker Spaniel Wanted
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 06:47:45 PM »
I responded to one of your other posts about your boys mouth. I believe that you haven't had Murphy for very long. If so, I would be inclined to wait a while before getting a companion. It can take a rescue dog up to 12 months or even more to fully settle in to their new home. Especially one of Murphy's age - bless.

Let him fully settle in and become comfortable with everything and get his mouth well healed. then start to look again. A rescue dog is very special and they deserve that extra bit of time before having to deal with even more change. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you off, far from it - just suggesting that you give Murphy a bit longer to be the special boy first ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline PennyB

Cocker Spaniel Wanted
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 01:38:39 AM »
Hi

Yes, I have tried all the cocker rescue centres and they say they aren't busy at the minute.

We are really desperate for a companion for our little Murphy, we just know he would love to run about the park with another little cocker.

So I would be really greatful if anyone can help.  thanks for your reply.

I don't think it matters what sort of dogs your cocker runs around with on the park so I wouldn't worry about that (its always better that a dog gets to socialize with dogs that they don't live with anyway). I'd just get to know some of the other dog walkers and get your dogs together (its a great way to make new friends as well).

Failing all that this a great opportunity (for now) to bond well with your dog with games/training.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!