Author Topic: Willow- 5yr old golden worker/show mix girl with Springer Rescue for Scotland  (Read 4035 times)

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Meet the truly irresistible Willow. She came into the care of SRS last week with her 9yr old springer sister. She is the sweetest natured girl ever and willl make a wonderful family member. Complete cuddle monster! She is great with kids, people and other dogs. Willow is currently in season and as part of her adoption agreement she is to be spayed within 3 months.

Willow and Misty came from a lovely home but unfortunately a marriage break up meant their mum could no longer give them the time they needed. We felt it was very unlikely both dogs would find a home together so they are in separate foster homes but both are doing very well.

Willow is fully vaccinated, microchipped, wormed and de-flead. She is house-trained and okay to be left alone for short periods. She is currently being fostered in Hamilton, Scotland.

To adopt a dog from SRS you will have to fill out an application form and be homechecked by a volunteer.

For more information please contact Mary Hanney our National rehoming co-ordinator on 01698 333 734 or visit our website www.springerrescuescotland.org

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
She's gorgeous...hope she finds her forever home soon  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
beautiful  :luv:

I'm sure she won't be waiting long
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
Just want to add that this little girl spent a few days with me (still have her sister  :luv:) and if we had been ready for dog number 2 I would have kept her in a heartbeat. I have rarely seen a dog that loves children so much. She actually sought out my friends' 5 year old and lay on her back for 20 minutes getting her tummy rubbed. She is very very sweet natured, not too bouncy in the house and my friend has been begging her husband for days to let her come to stay (but he is still saying no  :'(  ), this is a friend that wasn't bothered about dogs so that will give an indication of what a special girl she is  :luv: :luv:
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

QuietScribe

She sounds lovely.  I think I might call about her tomorrow and see what they say.

Offline Elspeth

If I had the space for more dogs I would rescue every single one.
I always feel guilty I can't fit another dog in

QuietScribe

Have sent off the application form etc, but I don't really have that high hopes.  I am sure there are many other people looking for this girl, with better gardens etc than I have.  Worth a try though.

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Have sent off the application form etc, but I don't really have that high hopes.  I am sure there are many other people looking for this girl, with better gardens etc than I have.  Worth a try though.

Good luck! :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member

Good luck! :luv:

I second that  :D

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline jemslave

The very best of luck with Willow- and wanting and loving your potential dog has got to count
for more than the size of your garden!

QuietScribe

Update:
Apparently to get a dog from Springer Rescue for Scotland, you need a garden that is fully secure.  Because I live in a tenement, the garden isnt 100% secure as it links onto the semi-outdoor stair, where the front door is being used constantly by residents.  I wouldn't necissarilly trust the fence too much either, its had a lot of abuse.

On the positive side, I am sure she will find a wonderful home soon.  Just not with me  :'(

Offline LisaB

Why are they either always in Scotland or Wales?  Living in East Anglia, is very frustrating. >:D

Offline jemslave

Ah-h-h sorry. I've lived in a flat with a cocker before now though we were lucky enough to have 2000acres of
the Lake District at our door. As you say I'm sure she'll get a home.

As for East Anglia for cockers, have you looked at Jasper? The last time I looked he was in Norfolk.

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
what happened to his springer friend?
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
Misty is still with me for the next few days. She is great and my dad is in love but my mum is (currently  :005: ) saying no. Here is a pic of the 2 together at my house. If I didn't have Molly I would have them both  :luv: :luv:
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.