Author Topic: Zoe at many Tears  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Zoe at many Tears
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:16:43 PM »

:luv: :luv: :luv:

22-12-09 Zoe is a sweet 6 yr old ex breeding cocker. This lovely girl is friendly and very interested in coming forward and seeing what's going on. Zoe will need a home where she has a dog companion and/or a human there all the time to help her learn about living in a home.

PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home ex-breeding dogs where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company.  They get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up.

This dog is at the main rescue centre in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire.
 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING THIS DOG:
 Please read our adoption procedures before applying and complete the Adoption Form. You will be contacted within 24 hours. If successful you will be home checked and you and all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the new dog. All our dogs are micro-chipped, inoculated and spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so. If you are adopting a puppy you will need to provide details of training classes in your area. We ask for a minimum adoption fee of £150 for dogs at the centre. 
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline mcphee

Re: Zoe at many Tears
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:15 AM »
Mary, I was wondering about the number of cockers which MT has to take in. I was interested in an ex breeder  cocker but quite understand the view that as I have only ever had Rufus, who is still quite active, I am not sufficiently experienced. I know cockers are still popular from KC registrations, but are the puppy farms replacing these poor girls with other cockers, or is another breed taking over? There are so many Borders round here, and designer dogs. Presumably the evil PFs breed what they can sell?

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 08:13:37 AM »
Oh how sweet she is  :luv:  just love the solids  :luv:

Really can't have any more at the moment as we up to 6, praying his girls gets a wonderful home  :luv:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
Mary, I was wondering about the number of cockers which MT has to take in. I was interested in an ex breeder  cocker but quite understand the view that as I have only ever had Rufus, who is still quite active, I am not sufficiently experienced. I know cockers are still popular from KC registrations, but are the puppy farms replacing these poor girls with other cockers, or is another breed taking over? There are so many Borders round here, and designer dogs. Presumably the evil PFs breed what they can sell?

Some of the time they can't actually breed anymore from these girls (Cassie who AnnieG has is most likely one who couldn't have any more litters my vet told me when he spayed her) - so yes they are probably being replaced by other cockers. One thing is if people would also neuter their dogs when they give them away/sell cheaply in free ads as well would help some of them - as these people trawl the free ads and pick them up that way for BYBs and PFs (which again is how Cassie ended up with a BYB).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 12:33:13 PM »
What a delightful looking girl, just want to hug her all up! Hope she finds a wonderful home for the rest of her days

Sophie
x

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
Incredibly cute.  Hopefully she will find a lovely home very quickly.

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »
I find this incredibly sad  :'(  No sooner have the latest intake of cocker ex-breeders been placed in foster homes than there is another 'batch'. These poor girls' daughters have probably taken their place in the production line  :'(
I feel soooooo guilty  as I can't take any more on, having two very 'full on' lively youngsters of my own.  I just feel so helpless.  A donation just doesn't feel enough.  :'(
I just don't understand how puppy farms can still exist.  The 'people' who operate them are despicable.  I would take pleasure from putting them in cages and subjecting them to the treatment they give to these helpless victims. >:D
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »
From MT site:

I collected Zoe and what a sweet and gentle little girl she is. She has totally ignored our cat and after a couple of hours of arriving curled up beside me to watch some TV. She seems to be taking home life in her stride and loves everybody. We have had a couple of accidents but I don't think it will take long for her to become house trained. She is very eager to please and be loved. She is happy to go in the car and is learning to walk on the lead. Today we walked with several dogs and she was absolutely fine with them all. Although a little cautious she wants to say hello to everybody. She is so happy to be here - her little stump of a tail has not stopped wagging and her whole body wriggles with it. She prefers to sleep on the floor as opposed to a dog bed but I'm sure it won't take her long to realise that the bed is more comfortable. She's ever so cuddly - an absolute darling and pleasure to have around.

Being fostered in Romsey, Hampshire.
 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING THIS DOG:
 Please read our adoption procedures before applying and complete the Adoption Form. You will be contacted within 24 hours. If successful you will be home checked and you and all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the new dog. All our dogs are micro-chipped, inoculated and spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so. If you are adopting a puppy you will need to provide details of training classes in your area. We ask for a minimum adoption fee of £160 for our dogs in foster homes to help cover our costs.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 10:39:10 PM »
Reserved :luv:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »
some more great news  :luv: 
........keeping everything crossed that all goes well for Zoe  :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!