Author Topic: Millie - 10yr Old Cocker Girlie @ The Little Dog Rescue  (Read 2302 times)

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Millie - 10yr Old Cocker Girlie @ The Little Dog Rescue
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
Info from DogPages:

Millie has come to LDR from the pound, she is vaccinated but can't be neutered yet as she is in season. It will be part of her adoption agreement that Milly is spayed when the time is right. Millie is sharing her foster home with lots of other dogs and cats, Millie is housetrained and a lovely friendly girly cocker working cocker.
I'm sure her foster mum will be along soon with more info and hopefully lots of piccies for us to enjoy.

If you are interested in adopting Millie please complete our pre-adoption form http://www.littledogrescue.co.uk/PreAdoption.html

Adding more pics 2nd May 2010...

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
Re: Millie - 10yr Old Cocker Girlie @ The Little Dog Rescue
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »
Aw bless her  :luv: :luv: She's gorgeous

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:56:04 PM »
Bless her a poundie at her age  :'( I am glad the rescue has taken her in and I really hope someone takes her home soon  :luv: I would love an oldie but I don't think they would cope too well in my household just now

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »
How sad that such a beautiful old lady should end up in a pound  :'(  aren't her owners looking for her?
Thank goodness for rescues that give some of these poundies another chance,  :angel:
I hope Millie finds a lovely new home soon  :luv: :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 10:33:12 PM »
How sad that such a beautiful old lady should end up in a pound  :'(  aren't her owners looking for her?
Thank goodness for rescues that give some of these poundies another chance,  :angel:
I hope Millie finds a lovely new home soon  :luv: :luv:

Same sentiments here.  :'( 

I really hope she finds a wonderful home for the rest of her life.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »
What a little sweetheart  :luv: my heart is melting. I hope she finds her the loving forever home she deserves very soon.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline revis

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 10:58:18 PM »
hallo this is the first time i have done this. we lost our brodie in feb .he was obout 10 when we got him from rain rescue .deaf bad eye sight.he was in the pound in sheffield .we went up from sussex and brought him home.he could be grumpy due i am sure to the way he had been treated .we loved him dearly .before brodie we had another elderly rescued  roddy deaf as well.beforeroddy was calum and before roddy was watson rescued when we lived in jordan he would go for most people due to the bad home he had before .seeing millie i knew we could give her agood home but   sadly we are going to be away on and off until mid june .then we will searching for a blue roan .revis

Offline mooching

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »
revis

You could always approach them now and apply (adding a note explaining about being away on and off till mid-June) and see if they would keep her for you till mid-June - it's only 6 weeks after all.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 12:09:41 AM »
revis

You could always approach them now and apply (adding a note explaining about being away on and off till mid-June) and see if they would keep her for you till mid-June - it's only 6 weeks after all.

While its always worth asking it may not be possible as some rescues have had their fingers burnt in the past where dogs have been held over while people go on holiday and then don't want the dog when they come back ;)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline revis

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 06:56:54 AM »
i did apply for millie    but they said it was too long to keep her and hopefully someone else will give millie agood home .i will check in june .

Offline PennyB

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 12:15:38 PM »
i did apply for millie    but they said it was too long to keep her and hopefully someone else will give millie agood home .i will check in june .

There's always the chance she could still be there but if the opportunity arises to rehome her then another dog can take her place in the rescue's mind
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »
Millie is gorgeous.  Hope people aren't put off by her age.  Revis, good luck in your search.  If not Millie, then unfortunately there'll be plenty more out there for rehoming.  Good on you for considering an older dog.  I certainly would, but I have an older husband putting foot down. :005:

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 09:00:29 PM »

You could be in luck - June is fast approaching and little Millie is still looking for her forever home...  :luv:

Offline RUBYTUBE

• never forgetting Lucy & Lara.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 01:07:15 PM »
Millie is lovely, I do hope she finds her forever home.  :luv:

Offline revis

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »
I was in touch with them today as our holidays are over but millie has been rehomed.
I  am now looking again.Really want a blue roan .
.revis