Author Topic: Andi - 1yr Old Ex-Breeding Cocker at Many Tears  (Read 11061 times)

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Andi - 1yr Old Ex-Breeding Cocker at Many Tears
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:21:37 PM »
www.ManyTears.co.uk

30-03-11 Andi is a 1 year old ex-breeding cocker. She has been given up by her breeder as she is an hermaphrodite and is unable to be bred from. She is very shy but sweet and doesn't know how to walk on a lead. She will need a home with another dog to help her learn to be clean in the house and to walk-on a lead.

PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home ex-breeding dogs where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company.  They usually get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up.

THIS DOG IS AT THE RESCUE CENTRE IN LLANELLI, CARMARTHENSHIRE

Please read our Adoption Procedures before applying and then complete the Adoption Form. You will be contacted within 24 hours. If successful you will be home checked and you and all members

of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the dog you want to adopt. All our dogs are micro-chipped, have had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so. We ask for a minimum adoption fee of £165 for dogs at the centre.

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Re: Andi - 1yr Old Ex-Breeding Cocker at Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »
Oh that face  :luv: Hope she's not waiting long  :luv:
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 08:16:56 AM »
OMG she looks 10 not 1  :'( :'(  Wonder what state she was in that she has had to have all her fur clipped off  :huh:

Hope she finds a lovely home soon  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline Dinah

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:19:53 AM »
She has a sad face for one so young - and has had a lucky escape being no good for breeding.  Hope she finds her new home soon.  Where have all the cocker lovers gone?  At one time cockers looking for homes were snapped up really fast.  Good luck Andi :blink:

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 10:15:19 AM »
I hope this youngster is snapped up quickly or is in a loving foster home soon . shona

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »
I don't really know anything about hermaphroditism.  Does anyone else know if it makes any difference to her long-term health? Otherwise I would have thought there would be a queue for her.  She is so young that she could possibly adapt to home life far more easily than the older breeding bitches who have become 'institutionalized'. And there looks to be a really pretty, loving little lass under the crew cut.  :luv: :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:35:36 AM »
I don't really know anything about hermaphroditism.  Does anyone else know if it makes any difference to her long-term health? Otherwise I would have thought there would be a queue for her.  She is so young that she could possibly adapt to home life far more easily than the older breeding bitches who have become 'institutionalized'. And there looks to be a really pretty, loving little lass under the crew cut.  :luv: :luv:

me neither!! is it anything to do with having both male/female reproduction organs?
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline seaangler

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:07:12 PM »
Hermaphroditism, came from joining the names of a Greek god and goddess...Hermes and Aphrodites...........  But a quick google will put you wright as to what it is :D

She does look old for her age.. what a sweet heart all the same...Another puppy farm no dowt >:(

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »
Hermaphroditism, came from joining the names of a Greek god and goddess...Hermes and Aphrodites...........  But a quick google will put you wright as to what it is :D

She does look old for her age.. what a sweet heart all the same...Another puppy farm no dowt >:(

My first show dog was hermaphrodite and certainly did not come from a puppy farm. She is now living a very happy life with my daughter and family. Depending on the condition, hemaphrodites can live a very normal life, my Daisy is absolutly fine but has never had a season nor will she. She could have had an op but I refused to put her through the stress when it was not necessary.
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
Aha I googled and I was right in what I thought it was - expect there is more involved than the simple explanation.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline eloisecherry

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 12:25:11 AM »
Unless she is snapped up for a new forever home in the meantime, Little Andi  :luv:will be coming on foster to me in the next few days :D

She will be spoilt rotten here and get lots of love and cuddles x
Mum to Tilly Lab, Nala Weimeraner and Fifi the Cavvy pup - all rescues! Fosterer for Many Tears Animal Rescue

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 08:14:39 AM »
Unless she is snapped up for a new forever home in the meantime, Little Andi  :luv:will be coming on foster to me in the next few days :D

Brilliant - can't wait to hear how she gets on  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 08:22:05 PM »
At least she escaped at an early age.  Hope she finds a wonderful forever home very soon.

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 10:05:01 PM »

Brilliant......our little Holly can confirm lots of cuddles were on offer when Adrienne fostered her  :luv: :luv:  our neighbours blue roan cocker Tappit was hermaphrodite.... she lived a happy life and died last year aged 14, she did go deaf and blind in her old age but I am sure she had no problems linked to her gender.
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline eloisecherry

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 09:49:49 PM »
Just a little update on Andi who we have re-christened Bertie!  :luv: :luv:

Bertie is pre-dominantly male but had a couple of "extra" bits which were removed when he was castrated and I would say that he is very much a little boy!

He is far from the timid, looking little dog in his original photo on the website and is having a lovely time here, tearing around the house and garden with Fifi who is very taken with him  :005:

He is very puppy like in his ways and behaviour, I feel he may be a bit younger than his estimated one year.

He adores his cuddles and we have started work on his lead walking and house training which are both going really well. :angel:

Bertie is just bursting with potential and is going to be a little stunner once his coat starts growing back, I'm a little bit in love with him already!! :005:

Mum to Tilly Lab, Nala Weimeraner and Fifi the Cavvy pup - all rescues! Fosterer for Many Tears Animal Rescue