Author Topic: Is medication making my dog hungry  (Read 1249 times)

Offline carol pearson

Is medication making my dog hungry
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:43:47 PM »
Ozzy has been on Metacam for a couple months, and recently after an operation on antibiotics and Tramadol, although I am slowly trying to reduce the Tramadol.

He has always enjoyed his food but for about a week he has been driving us mad for more.
He will bark and paw at us and sit in the kitchen waiting, he has never behaved like this before.
Do you think it could it be the medication?
I have reluctantly had to give him a bit more but need to be carefull has he needs to lose weight but I don't want him to feel hungry.

Would appreciate any advice.

Offline jessika

• Ozzie
Re: Is medication making my dog hungry
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »
Our Ozzie was also on tramadol after having a biopsy and was put on a restricted diet, and while he was on the tramadol he was always hungry, we filled his bowl and he would empty it and want more where as when he was off the tablets he was back to normal not being a big eater, I think it has something to do with the tablets as to why he may be more hungry :) Even when Ozzie was on restricted diet after his course of tramadol finished he was his normal self and not too bothered about his food whereas on the tablets he was always hungry

Follow Ozzie at  instagram.com/ozzie_cockerdile

Offline carol pearson

Re: Is medication making my dog hungry
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:13:40 PM »
Thanks very much, that's reassuring.