Author Topic: Hip Or Leg Problem  (Read 1263 times)

Offline HWalmsley

• Site Member
Hip Or Leg Problem
« on: July 18, 2005, 10:08:49 PM »
Hi, I wondered if anyone had similar experience of this problem affecting Bramble, my 3-year old cocker spaniel or could shed any light on what it may be?

Over the last few weeks she has had problems with stiffness in her back legs (particularly her right leg) when getting up in the mornings.  She has trouble jumping on the sofa for example.    The problem gets better later in the day and within an hour she is running and jumping around like a spring lamb, but she still displays some stiffness in getting up from lying down.  She doesn't seem to have a limp and she doesn't show any pain when you feel her legs or hips.  She also doesn't seem to display the 'bunny-hops' that I've noticed that people have commented on when mentioning hip dysplasia.

The vet doesn't know and so we're getting her X-rayed in a couple of weeks' time but in the meantime I wondered if anyone had had a similar experience that could help us?

We're hoping it's not hip dysplasia or arthritis but it doesn't seems to be a pulled muscle because it's not going away and she had a good rest at the kennels for a week when we went on holiday.  

Thanks for any ideas,

Heather :unsure: