Author Topic: Suspected Lymphoma  (Read 1327 times)

Offline JulieB

Suspected Lymphoma
« on: March 10, 2020, 09:02:01 PM »
I'm not sure why I'm posting this - probably as I have seen all the supportive messages for others.  In May last year I lost my beloved Bailey  who was 4 days short of his 12th birthday, to colon cancer. Now, less than 1yr later my other cocker Tia who is 10mths younger than Bailey,  has suspected Lymphoma . Lumps in her neck, hind leg  & side.
That was 4wks ago - after speaking to the vets we decided  not to go for treatment as I felt that it wasnt right for her. Hence why its suspected rather than a diagnosis.
She has her good moments, like today when I got home she was more alert and wagging tail & my hope rise  then she becomes very lethargic and stares for ages with her head bowed and reality sets in again.
I'm dreading the next vets visit on Friday as I know we're going to have to make that "decision" soon.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
Re: Suspected Lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 10:43:50 PM »
So sorry to hear about Tia. Sending healing and positive thoughts to you both  :luv: :luv:
Stephanie, Hamish and Percy xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 12:21:42 AM »
Very sorry to read about Tia  :luv: Sending positive cyber thoughts and good wishes.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Saffronmac

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 08:17:09 AM »
I'm so sorry, you must be worried sick. I'll keep everything crossed for you x

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 08:41:40 AM »
Julie - I am so very sorry and I understand what you are going through with Tia, I am also glad that your vet did not go with the diagnosis route, they did this twice with my lovely Jay (he was 10) and did not get a positve - when they suggested a third we clearly said no and changed vets.  The new vet felt that we were right not to seeking more radical treatment, so he just had a small dose of steriods daily.
As for your vet - I am sure he or she will steer you to any decison and it may not be yet, just expect the good and not so good days.

More than anything just stay strong for your baby, and if she is eating and wandering in the garden etc just let her.  I really draw so many similarities about a year before Jay we lost our Sally she was a corgi mix and then Jay started with a limp on his front leg, it was from here that the lump was found on his neck. 

Be strong and if you need a shoulder myself and others on COL are always around
Sending :bigarmhug:

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 11:54:18 AM »
I have pm'd you  :bigarmhug: