Author Topic: Harmy's in Hospital  (Read 42485 times)

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
Re: Harmy's in Hospital
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2006, 05:51:55 PM »
there aren't enough fingers in the world to count the pieces i am in  :'( x

I haven't slept and I cant eat anything. You just cant see the tears as I type. But everyones support really is a huge comfort thank you x

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline Harriet

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2006, 06:00:04 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this news  :'( :'( I can't imagine how you must be feeling, your being so brave.

Thinking of you & Harmy  :luv:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2006, 07:28:04 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( so sorry  :luv: :luv:

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2006, 07:41:32 PM »
I have only just seen this thread i am so sorry about Harmy he's only a little itty baby what a horrid shock for you. My thoughts are with you praying for that miracle and hoping he is the one in however many. Keep strong and enjoy being with him giant cocker kisses from me and mine.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Online Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »
Poor you.  So sorry to hear that the future is not looking too good for your boy.  :'(  Keep strong and just remember Harmy is very lucky he has someone who loves him as much as you do and will do the best for him.    Take care and hope you get some sleep tonight.  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2006, 07:58:29 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about Harmy and how poorly he is. :'(

To be honest, reading your thread is really upsetting me.  My black labrador (10 years old) suddenly went off her back legs one morning, the rest of the day she slept a lot, then in the evening, the top of her head was shuddering.  My OH took her to the vet, I couldn't go as I knew what ever it was that was wrong with her wasn't good news.  Anyway, the outcome was that she had Acute on Chronic Renal Failure.  The vets put her on a drip, but the outcome was not good.  We had to make the hard decision to have her PTS :'( :'(.  At least she had 10 years of happiness, but in the end it was so sudden.

My heart goes out to you over the next few days.
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline Sarah/fernando

• Site Member
  • Milo
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2006, 08:27:44 PM »
Im so so sorry.  :'(  Im Thinking of you all and praying for a miricle.  :luv:
Sarah & Milo X

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2006, 08:47:38 PM »
I know I keep saying it but thank you all, I know it is upsetting to read about other peeps dogs being ill because you dread the day it may happen to you, but you've all been such a comfort :luv:

I gave Harmy his tea a little while ago, he had a few forkfulls, but he had been sick earlier so probably couldn't manage much. He was sooo pleased to seee me, I really do just want him with me, but am still holding on to that slight hope so he must stay at the vets.The vet even popped to get some petrol to give me some extra time with him, thats how lovely they are being.
I've managed to keep some TUC biscuits down! and will curl up on the settee and try to get some zzzz's. My Georgie has never been so cuddly, so he knows I REALLY NEED him right now. Linus thinks I always need him (and he's right!),but he is extra clinging too! And although my OH moans about my boys, he is devastated and is doing everything he can to help me.

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2006, 08:51:02 PM »
I'm so sorry to read this, can't imagine how your feeling :'(

Thinking of you xxx

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »
I'm in tears just thinking about what you're going through - I really hope that there is a miracle but if not, you have done everything possible.  Give him lots of hugs and love from us.

Debbie, Becky and Ben

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2006, 10:18:43 PM »
This is so awful, I really can't imagine what you are going through right now - I nearly lost my Scooby at 6 months old and, like you, I went through hell and that was knowing he was going to be OK.  It is a physical pain, and although people around you are upset, it's you that will feel it the most.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, stay on-line these next few days and let everyone on here help you through this.

Thinking of you - hugs to Harmy xxx
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2006, 10:40:53 PM »
Ohh I am so very sorry to hear about your poorly boy  :'( ..senidng as many healing thoughts as I can muster and a big supoortive (((hug))) for you xxxxx

Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline sniffsniff

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2006, 12:26:44 AM »
Our thoughts & prayers are with you & Harmy at this upsetting time.

Healing thoughts, hugs & cocker kisses coming your way.

Mary, Ian & Trix. xxx
RIP beautiful girl - you've left paw prints on my heart forever. Trixie 17/04/2003 - 14/07/2015

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2006, 10:26:43 AM »
This mornings update!

I arrived at the vets to give Harmy his breakfast and he was outside having a stretch and went mad when he recognised the car. So we were both as thrilled to see each other!

He's weeing for england, but unfortunately its still just dilute fluids going straight thru, so the waste isn't being filtered out still. But the drip is stopping him from feeling too poorly. He'd laid in some of his wee so the vet asked me to give him a bed bath, which was wonderful, so we've had a big cuddle this morning and I feel a little better for that. He is being a little angel for the vets and not complaining at all :angel:
I shall go back to give him his tea later...hopefully he'll need another bath! :luv:

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2006, 10:59:27 AM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv: how lovely for you both.

The vets must think there is the slightest chance.  Hold on to that!  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx