Author Topic: Daisy's Put On Weight!  (Read 1420 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Daisy's Put On Weight!
« on: February 05, 2005, 04:08:07 PM »
:( Weighed the girls today and got a bit of a shock.  Although I struggle a bit with Georgie's weight since she was spayed, I have reduced the amount of food she has and put veg in it to bulk it up and have managed to get her weight down.  It also helps with her anal gland problem too. Daisy has stayed constant at 12kg.  When I weighed her today she was 13kg!  :( Some weeks ago I had a problem with her where she was having to get up in the night to go to the toilet and I narrowed it down to too much veg.  So I increased her food and reduced the veg and it seemed to solve the problem.  Now I've got a weight problem - there's always something?  :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to have to go back to her original amount of food - does anyone know of anything else I can add to bulk it up a bit, instead of the veg, but will not put weight on her?  :huh:  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Daisy's Put On Weight!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 04:40:15 PM »
Sue, have you spoken to Burns about the high oats feed? Its made for dogs who struggle with their weight
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Daisy's Put On Weight!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 06:35:22 PM »
I have found that since I changed Goldie over to Burns she has dropped quite a lot of weight. She looks really good now for a girl of nearly 11 :lol:
I'd recommend Burns for weight loss.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Daisy's Put On Weight!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 02:05:08 PM »
:) Thanks Caroline and Sheila.  Both of my girls are on Burns already.  I'm managing to stay on top of Georgie, but was amazed that Daisy had put on 1kg after only increasing her food a bit.  I could try the high oats Caroline, but Daisy does seem to get an upset tum very easily and the veg definately upset it so I'm not sure if the oats would have the same effect?  Even though she is 1 1/2, on occasions, I still come home from work to a little present!  I have never had this problem with Georgie, but when Daisy needs to go she seems to have to go there and then.   :rolleyes:  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Daisy's Put On Weight!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 03:54:03 PM »
Im just thinking, is 13kg very heavy for her?

Im trying to think back to when I say her and she certainly wasnt tubby then :) Im just thinking that maybe she is just a bigger dog. I know Alfie weighs a ton (feels like it when I lift him onto the table) at 14kg yet theres not a pick on him
Caroline and Alfie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Daisy's Put On Weight!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 05:04:24 PM »
:) Caroline, the funny thing is that she is now exactly the same weight as Georgie, but in fact she looks smaller, so I guess build does come into it.  I was just a bit concerned that she had put on a kilo in about 4 weeks  :blink:  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"