Author Topic: If only he knew!  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
If only he knew!
« on: July 30, 2016, 08:17:21 PM »
This is one for the people who remember my desperate early posts when Archie was a pup......and also one to encourage anyone with a similarly troublesome cockerdile!

I took Archie for our evening stroll tonight and we bumped into a man with a 12 week old chocolate lab puppy who was out for her first ever walk.  :luv: She was all over Archie and he just sat there letting her bounce on him. The owner then gave Archie a bit of a cuddle and said "what a fantastic temperament, I hope she grows up just like him". I could have cried. Not a sentence I ever expected to hear!!  :D

Offline lesley3165

Re: If only he knew!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:26:06 PM »
You've done a fantastic job with Archie when others would have given up long ago, enjoy the compliment and I'm sure they will be many more in the future xx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 09:12:26 PM »
I hope you felt justly proud of yourself and Archie, everyone who remembers your early posts will be so pleased for you that things have worked out the way they have, and hopefully it will give encouragement to all those puppy owners going through challenging behaviour atm.  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline tenaille

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:09:02 PM »
oh Archie  :luv:

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 11:27:00 PM »
I hope you felt justly proud of yourself and Archie, everyone who remembers your early posts will be so pleased for you that things have worked out the way they have, and hopefully it will give encouragement to all those puppy owners going through challenging behaviour atm.  :luv:

Couldn't have said it better  :luv:

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 11:51:12 PM »

Couldn't have said it better  :luv:

I agree  :luv:
Janet & Poppy

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 04:40:45 PM »
You have every right to feel very proud of yourself and very proud of Archie after all the work you have put in to make him to dog he is today.  Well done Emma and Archie.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 05:37:27 PM »
I love Archie, I wondered how you coped with him and always dreaded the " he has to go" post. Hats off to you and Archie. If ever there was a happy ending.  :luv: :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 08:14:48 PM »
I love Archie, I wondered how you coped with him and always dreaded the " he has to go" post. Hats off to you and Archie. If ever there was a happy ending.  :luv: :luv:

I had so many people telling me "he has to go" but I really believe it was the support I got from everyone here that carried us through the roughest times. So,thank yountomeveryone from both of us.  :luv: :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 09:06:26 AM »

I had so many people telling me "he has to go" but I really believe it was the support I got from everyone here that carried us through the roughest times. So,thank yountomeveryone from both of us.  :luv: :luv:

.....and thank you for all the updates!  Archie's success story has has been an inspiration for lots of others and encouraged us not to give up, so its been a win win all round!  Well done both of you!!!

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »
Hehe what a great post!
Emma you have made the difference for Archie,
can you imagine, not many folk would have
the loving patience to help him the way you did.
Hats off to both of you :clapping:

Offline dawn

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

Such a great update! I always love to see how Archie is getting on........usually something mischievous!  :005:

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »
Brilliant  :D :D
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly