Author Topic: New replies to you posts - how to remove them from list?  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Petepreston

New replies to you posts - how to remove them from list?
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »
Is there a way to "unsubscribe" from a thread without having to delete your posts from it? I don't want to remove my contributions but I don't want to be updated with new messages when they are just saying the same as me. Showing support to a poster is the best example but other topics come along too.

Thanks.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: New replies to you posts - how to remove them from list?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:55:37 PM »
Not sure what you mean :-\ Do you mean you're getting notifications of replies to posts? To turn off this function, go to your Profile, click on the Notifications & Emails link, then uncheck the box "Turn Notifications On when you post or reply to a topic". Or do you mean, you don't want to read other members' replies on a thread? If you use the "View the most recent posts on the forum" link, there is no way of filtering it so you only see the replies you want I'm afraid - that is the problem when there is a currently active thread generating lots of similar replies.
Jane

Offline Petepreston

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but it's neither of those options. When I click on "Show new replies to your posts" I get a long list of updates that may be quite old or no longer of any interest to me. I was hoping I could click a button or two to stop them being on my active list. I guess the answer is to remove my posts from the thread, but that could cause problems if people have responded to them.

It's not exactly the end of the world, just a little annoying.

Offline Victoria25

• Donator
  • Perfect Poppy (almost!)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »
Show new replies to your posts- could you just click on 'mark all messages as read' to get rid of them all and build up a new lot?
Poppy is now one! Watch her first year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVqf3TnIL6c

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but it's neither of those options. When I click on "Show new replies to your posts" I get a long list of updates that may be quite old or no longer of any interest to me. I was hoping I could click a button or two to stop them being on my active list. I guess the answer is to remove my posts from the thread, but that could cause problems if people have responded to them.

It's not exactly the end of the world, just a little annoying.

Please DON'T remove any of your existing posts - this is against the Forum Etiquette Guidelines for the reason you mention, it causes big problems as threads will no longer make any sense ;) The only solution would appear to be what Victoria suggests or perhaps have a clear-out of your cookies & temp internet files to get rid of anything corrupted on your system.

Jane