Author Topic: Problem after neutering  (Read 1386 times)

Offline charliesdad

• Site Member
Problem after neutering
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:50:23 PM »
Following much deliberation and advice from our vet Charlie was neutered 3 weeks ago, he receovered quickly and all seems well...apart from he seems to have a problem with his housetraining.  He's always been excellent once he was trained but since the op has had 4 accidents in the house.  I phoned the vet and took him back as they wanted to do some tests and blood tests which showed that he may possibly have a "slight urine infection".  This would explain things however he has finished his antibiotics and all seemed well until this morning when he wee d in the lounge again! 
Has anyone else experience similar?  Could he have slightly less control now?

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Problem after neutering
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:40:07 PM »
Now that I think about it, I have never neutered a dog  :o Cats yes, but no male dogs.

But I would imagine they have to use muscles down there to control their bladders so it's possible that he's still a little sore there.

You might consider running in another urine sample to the vet to make sure the infection is cleared.

He may also be attracted to the spots where the previous accidents were if there is any smell left (even if we can't smell it they can :P)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne