Author Topic: RIP Archie  (Read 10573 times)

Offline assumpta

Re: RIP Archie
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »
I too am so very sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to you. I have followed your journey with Archie and nobody could have done more for him than you. Archie is at peace now. Sleep tight Archie x

Offline Sara_Clara

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2015, 03:39:54 PM »
So very, very sorry to hear this.  I echo everyone else's comments.  Such a terribly hard thing to do but no-one could have tried harder.  Be kind to yourself.
Puppy Colour: Orange Roan
Puppy DOB: 22.04.2011
Puppy Name: Pebbles
Mummy Name:  Sara

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »
Thank you so much  :luv:

I've been a little better today, apart from when a few mums in the school yard came up to me to say they were sorry to hear about him and I nearly lost it again  :'(

I keep finding treats/toys and poo bags in a variety of places, which sets me off.....

Thank you for the lovely poem honeysmum - hankies have been well used  :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2015, 06:21:12 PM »
so sorry  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline lesley3165

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
I'm so so sorry xx

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.  As you well know, we have been through something very similar a long time ago.  There will always be two holes in your heart - one Odie shaped and one Archie shaped.  Over time, the edges of the holes will become blurred but they will always be there.
When we lost our beloved Harriet so soon after Buffy (7 months between them) even though we had other dogs, I thought my heart had literally broken.  I did exactly what you are advised not to do and almost straight away we got Dexter.
It took me a while to fall in love with him.
I liked him - who couldn't like a ball of white fluff who was so cute?
I went through the motions of trying to love him.  I cuddled him.  I trained him, I cleared up after him and I fed him.
But he wasn't my beloved cockers - he wasn't my girls and I felt so incredibly guilty.  He was here and they weren't here any more.

I have no idea why, but one morning, I came downstairs and looked at him.  He looked back at me.  I fell hopelessly, totally and irrevocably in love with him.

He is my shadow and the early days have certainly not made any difference to the incredible bond I now have with him.  I know he will never replace my cockers - but he gave the whole family a reason to smile again.

I really hope that soon, you and your family will feel ready to have a reason to smile.

Take care of yourself and take time to grieve.  Even now all these years later, I adore cockers and miss my girls terribly.  I can never replace them.  But I have new reasons to smile.

Big, big hugs to all of you and I really hope your daughter is ok too.
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:26 PM »
Beautifully said Penny.

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2015, 07:23:20 PM »
So sorry for you. X
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2015, 08:33:26 PM »

So sorry to read this.
I can only imagine how hard it was to make that decision, but you know you did everything possible and more to help Archie - and his life may have been short, but he knew a life-time of love.

Run Free Archie. xx
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
So sorry Lesley xx :bigarmhug:

Run free Archie  :luv:

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2015, 09:20:30 PM »
So sorry to read about Archie . Like the others I have been following your updates , you really did try everything . Sending  :luv:

Offline zenon_bass

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2015, 12:04:27 PM »
So sorry..  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: 
I do hope your daughter is OK as well.

Offline valcam

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2015, 05:15:18 PM »
So sorry, I had my little puppy same time as you had Archie so have followed his story like many of us on here. You did a very brave thing, the only thing you could do. He will always be in your heart. Sending love to you and your family xxx

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »
Just heartbreaking for you all  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: you did all you could.  RIP Archie you will have great fun with Odie x

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »
Thanking you all for your kind words and thoughts  :luv: :bigarmhug:

My daughter is doing OK, wound is not as deep as previous one, thank goodness.
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!