Author Topic: RIP Archie  (Read 10577 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: RIP Archie
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »
I've looked at Cinnamon Trust website and there is no-one local who needs anything at the moment.  It needs to be very local as I work from home and have school runs still to do.  I have accosted a vet neighbour of mine, who has a very hyper choc worker and two other school run mums with dogs, saying I'm available for walks etc should they get stuck.  They all mentioned they'd seen me walking round the village, looking very forlorn!
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2015, 03:30:56 PM »
how about doggy holidays. we have a doogy care business near us who wants people who can/ want put dogs up in their homes because owners do not want to kennel. Might be similar near you
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2015, 08:40:03 PM »
I wanted to do that but again, they require a secure garden which I just can't do  :-\
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline zenon_bass

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »
I've looked at Cinnamon Trust website and there is no-one local who needs anything at the moment.  It needs to be very local as I work from home and have school runs still to do.

The Cinnamon map, like many websites, isn't always up to date... You could try giving them a ring..
Its such a valuable thing to do, and appreciated by dogs and owners alike.

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2015, 04:46:46 PM »
I think it is a great idea doing some dog walking and the Cinammon trust would be a fab place to volunteer for if they needed people in your area. Or maybe help at a rescue centre. It would be great for you still to have contact with dogs and walking is so good for health and mental well being I find. I really feel for you having the heartbreak of losing two beautiful dogs so close together. You must be finding it so painful. I know when we lost Sweep to lymphoma in 2013 it broke my heart seeing dogs and I was in pieces if  I saw a cocker. Gradually it got less painful but I couldn't face  seeing another cocker facein the house  so ended up with a mad choc lab! Just as loving but much more toy orientated and boisterous. Makes us smile every day. Dogs, although a tie in many ways, do get you up and out and are so loving and faithful. Give yourself plenty of time. Looking back we got Milo too soon and I hadn't allowed myself time to grieve properly for Sweep. Sending love and hugs to you hunny. Take care
Sue x

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2015, 12:15:30 AM »
Dog walking for a rescue would be great if there's one near you. Just a thought but do you like cats?  Cats Protection use foster homes. I can understand your need for a dog fix. I'm always in need of a cat fix but we just cannot get a other (too near road).

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2015, 07:02:43 AM »
I love cats too, I had two before I met my husband (who isn't a huge fan).  I did look at a few cat rescues and they seem to state you need a room spare for the cats?!  We'll see, maybe in the New Year....

Offline daw

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »
I understand the need to dog-walk. It's like a drug to me, have to get a fix of it. But there are lots of ways of doing other dog stuff. My OH and I both do homechecks for rescues- I also do follow-up visits and help with advice. Also you could just advertise in something like a parish magazine- there are often elderly or disabled people struggling to give their dogs a quality of life but don't ask for help. They accept it if it's offered though.

Offline Mircass

« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2015, 08:53:26 AM »
Dear Lesley, I haven't logged in for a while and am so deeply saddened by your news.  Sending you positive thoughts and hope you find a way to relieve the heartache.
x
Thoroughly enjoying my first cocker dog.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2015, 05:07:10 PM »
Thank you  :luv:  I am doing OK, apart from when I saw a tiny choc cocker puppy in the school yard for the first time a few days ago  :'(  It was just so sweet (can't resist looking, even though I've had 2 nightmare puppies  :P).

I seem to be coming across cockers I've not seen before round our village and that's when it's hard for me  :-\