Author Topic: RIP Archie  (Read 10490 times)

Offline Neil

Re: RIP Archie
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2015, 09:44:32 PM »
Really sorry to read this, but we can tell, and I'm sure he could too, that you loved him to the end. Rest in peace Archie.

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »
Awww Lesley words are not enough at this sad time  :'( I feel your pain Hun I really do  :'(
Night night little Archie sweet dreams little one  :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »
Very very sorry to hear your sad news.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Darwin

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »
 :bigarmhug:
Thinking of you

Offline Misty Roan

• Donator
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2015, 10:23:58 AM »
Just read this and wanted to say I'm so sorry for you loss and the heartache you've had. Sue and Misty xx
Misty 3.6.2011 - 1.11.2016

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2015, 02:50:00 PM »
Thank you  :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2015, 12:05:19 AM »
So, so sorry.   I always read your posts because I had difficulties with my beloved Bobby too, though nothing as unpredictable.  I know how heartbreaking it is to lose the friend you have worked so hard with,   It's part of your life.   
My sister in law had to make a similar decision with her teenage labradoodle, which launched itself , unprovoked, at her daughter.
You are not alone in your grief. I hope you can find a place in your heart for another four legged friend. After Bobs unexpected terminal illness, I have found solace in a little rescue mongrel who brings smiles to complete strangers that she grins at, and is a therapy dog. Bob and Archie couldn't have done that, you and I would have been sued!!
Xxxxx
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2015, 08:54:47 PM »
I'm so sorry. Haven't been on here for ages but the last time I was here I was reading your story. I don't think it's that uncommon. Many of us know someone who's had to make a similar decision. I hope your daughter is ok. And I hope one day another wee dog will find and who'll give you nothing but joy.

RIP Archie.
Diane xxx

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2015, 07:52:44 AM »
Thank you everyone  :luv:

The last time when I lost Odie, I knew I wanted another cocker and fairly quickly but this time round, I'm just deflated.  I'm not thinking of getting another, it's just too painful, having had, and lost, two dogs in two years  :'(

What I am finding hard is walking places I went with him (basically everywhere nearby) or meeting another dog, especially a spaniel.  I was thinking of maybe advertising locally to see if anyone wants their dog walking etc in my village.  That way, I get my doggie fix without committing to another one myself.  Just a thought....  Lesley x
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2015, 08:15:20 AM »
It's understandable that you don't want to get another dog yet, only time will heal. Do you have a rescue centre near you that you can go to and help walk the dogs? They are always looking for people to help. Meanwhile take care of yourself and your family and remember the good times xx
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2015, 08:47:42 AM »
Lesley that's a lovely idea  :D
When we lost The General I was so
distraught I was determined that I wouldn't go
there again, me and Jus could spend more
time in St Kitts etc.
It was Jus that brought Pepper and Ellie to our
house and it was supposed to be temporary, I managed
to guard my heart for a long time and then , well,
you know the rest.
None of us know what's round the corner and getting
a furry fix sounds just the ticket for your blues.
Big Hugs little chicken xxx

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2015, 09:15:25 AM »
Aw, thanks!  I'd do some fostering but I just can't enclose my garden.  I managed to use stock fencing and panels for Archie but he was a bit dim, bless him and he never tried to escape through or jump over it!  Of course, as I've got kids, fostering may not be a good idea (unknown quantity etc).  Anyway, time will tell....

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2015, 05:46:27 AM »
Hi Lesley

Have you thought of looking at the www.cinnamon.org.uk
It is a charity that works to assist elderely people who struggle to walk there pets, and they are always looking for volunteers.

:bigarmhug: Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2015, 12:23:15 PM »
I think walking other dogs is such a good idea Lesley. We'd had dogs all our married life, (Dylan is number ten), and when Milo died In January it was the first time we had ever been dogless. We had recently retired and were booked to go to France in our motorhome in March for three months, Milo had got his pet passport etc. so we went without him, and although for the first time we were able to into shops and museums together instead of taking it in turns, it was awful as so many people in other vans had dogs with them, and our van seemed so empty. We got back in June, and going for walks without a dog seemed pointless, we felt like spare parts. We found we got less fit as we didn,t walk so much, also people Don't speak to,you on walks when you don,t have a dog. So eventually after much soul searching we got Dylan in August.

I never thought of volunteer dog walking, what a good idea to get a doggy fix without having to give your heart away, and to give you space to grieve and to heal a bit, and to temporarily fill the dog shaped hole in your life.

:bigarmhug:
Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
Hi Lesley

Have you thought of looking at the www.cinnamon.org.uk
It is a charity that works to assist elderely people who struggle to walk there pets, and they are always looking for volunteers.

:bigarmhug: Julie

Sounds like a good idea  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.