Author Topic: Really Struggling  (Read 10619 times)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Really Struggling
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 07:44:40 PM »
The hardest decision to make becomes the easiest when the time is right
love to Fergus and :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline daw

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 08:04:44 PM »
Can't tell you how much we both feel for you- three months ago we went through the same. We took advice from a good friend who'd lost her girl very recently and...well one morning we just knew. He sort of told us he wanted this to stop and we got the message. We took our boy to his favourite place for a sniff around, sat with him and let him enjoy the sun. We were lucky in that he would still eat and so the best, nicest things when we got back. Then we settled  down all three of us together for the afternoon and waited for our lovely vet who he knew well and trusted.

So he left us that evening, loved and comforted and in his own home, calm and held by people who'd protected him and were still trying to that by letting go.

And we're still in bits but wouldn't have changed what we did that day. I'm so sorry for you. 

Offline JoanneM

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
Thinking of you and sending you and your boy love. We had to make the dreaded decision last Monday. Deep down I know we did the right thing, and in a way he let me know it was time, but we still feel guilt and heartache. These little pooches are definitely more than 'just dogs' they are our families, our lives and I definitely preferred mine to most people.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
My love, thoughts and prayers for you and Fergus  :luv:  trust yourself, you will know when the time is right. X

Offline smff73

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 02:43:26 PM »
Thanks again folks for you kind words and thoughts, and so sorry to hear you've been through it so recently Joanne.  It is truly heartbreaking.

I collected the wee guy from the emergency vet today to take him home to try and get him to eat.  He's really weak and lethargic, and not interested in food at all, so I've given him a prescribed appetite stimulant and syringed a small amount of food into his mouth.  He's still got it in him to use his dog door and go outside for a pee though!

He's snoozing beside me, much more content now than he was when I picked him up as he's at home, in a comfortable, warm, loving environment.  I do feel like it's his time though, so he has an appointment at his vet ( his friend! ) tomorrow at 11am, which will be his final journey, if the vet agrees that it's his time.

I feel very, very sad, but it's hard to see my normally boisterous wee pal so drained of energy.  I've been telling him that I'd love him to stay, I'll miss him more than words can express, I'll miss our long walks at the beach, the hills, the forest paths, exploring, just me and him.  But I've let him know it's ok if he feels too tired to go on, that we are and always will be the best pals the world has ever seen, and that we will meet again sometime, somewhere.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
I pray that he goes in his sleep. The vet will come out to you at home if you prefer. I have found it easier
Bless your heart Fergus  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline lescef

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 03:37:17 PM »
I feel so sad for you but it is horrible to see them suffer...he knows you love him...... xxxx
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 04:06:55 PM »
Sending lots of love and hope to you and Fergus  :luv: :luv: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »
Thinking of you and Fergus  :luv:  He knows he is truly loved xxx
Janet & Poppy

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »
 Fergus knows you love him and he loves you unreservedly in return.  :bigarmhug: from me and my boys to help you through these difficult times.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 05:47:55 PM »
So so sorry. I can't find any words other than what has been expressed already. I've been there twice and understand just how you're feeling. Your pain is great but you are bestowing the greatest gift  of devotion to Fergus by letting him go, in peace, with you at his side. Thinking of you.

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »
Ah bless you , I've been following your story . It's heart breaking when you have to say goodbye , I remember it with my elderly spaniel moss . It broke my heart but I felt the last thing I could do for her was put her out of her discomfort and hold & hug so she felt loved as she peacefully slipped away .
Sending you lots of love  xxx

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 06:07:11 PM »
From reading all the posts I think we are all feeling your pain, it is so hard when your most loyal friend is having bad times. Take comfort from all the nice sentiments that are offered.

Offline daw

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 06:16:46 PM »
There are two of us here whose hearts bleed for you. I know that you have to take the pain yourself so that he doesn't...but it's so hard.

Don't know if it helps but a friend said this: think of all the millions of dogs whose one chance at life was a miserable existence- and think what you gave him, the best you could.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »
Thats so very true, Daw........