Author Topic: Really Struggling  (Read 10598 times)

Offline smff73

Re: Really Struggling
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
Thanks folks, all the positive wishes and love is very humbling! It's a great help knowing I'm not alone in this and that others have gone through similar. The wee guy is still not eating, they've given him an appetite stimulator to try and get him eating, but the vet tonight wasn't half as positive as the one today, although she says they aren't giving up on him. I just feel lack of progress isn't a good sign. I know he desperately wants to get better, come home to this loving house, and resume scampering around the woods, but maybe his poor wee body has had enough. Like a previous poster had said, I feel my world is coming to and end if he doesn't pull through. I'd give anything to spend the rest of my life with him, I'm more comfortable with him than any human ( except my wife, obviously ). Why can't dogs live forever? The world would be a better place :(

Offline GeoW

• Donator
  • Maurice, Jan, and William (Prince of Orange)
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 07:46:01 PM »
Your story will touch so many hearts here, we feel so deeply for our cocker companions, and their illnesses affect us all beyond what non dog owners/lovers can possibly appreciate.

Wishing Fergus a good recovery and you  peace of mind from the worry that so many of us have experienced.

M.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 08:31:59 PM »
My heart goes out to you.  I understand so well how you are feeling, when one of mine has been poorly I would have given anything to swap places with them.  Non dog loving people just do not understand the incredible bond we have with our fur babies. 

Hope with all my heart that Fergus starts to improve very soon and is back at home with you in no time.  We have all fingers and paws crossed in this house for that to happen.

Thinking of you and Fergus.

Offline daydreams

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 08:39:10 PM »
 I really feel for you,  it is so hard, when they have been 'just there'

I do so hope Fergus improves,   lots of hugs  :bigarmhug:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
Just about sums us dog lovers up.
Talking to my friend today, she was telling me about  her MIL who through illness most likely will not see xmas. She went on to say her daughters FIL has late stage cancer. She then started to fill up and cry and told me " and worst of all Willow has bone cancer and is on borrowed time".
I will be the first to admit, I loved my dad and miss him dearly  but I cried more over the loss of my first dog   :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 12:52:41 PM »
Sending you loads of great big ((((hugs))))) and wishing your fur baby well x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 04:59:40 PM »
So very sorry you are going through such a hard time, love and thoughts with you xx

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 08:29:20 PM »
Sending lots of hugs to you and your lovely boy. x

Offline Andrea Ellie

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 09:26:51 PM »
Sending you lots of hugs

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 05:49:41 AM »
Am sending healing thoughts to your darling cocker and hugs to you.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline smff73

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »
Many thanks for your love and support folks. Poor wee Fergus is going up and down just now, yesterday the vet said he's looking bright, sitting up, drinking water, and expected to start eating soon, possibly coming home today. But he's down again today, pancreas is flairing up. Preparing myself for the worst. I know he desperately wants to live, but his body is letting him down. How am I going to cope taking him for his last trip, he'll be wagging his tail, giving me cuddles and kisses for the final time. The world is very grey right now :(

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »
Oh sweetheart what a dreadful place to
be....  I can tell you are in a pickle
I would be too.
 :bigarmhug:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 01:52:52 PM »
I think he'll tell you - and you have enough to cope with without worrying about the right time  :'(

Just know in your heart that it will always be better a day too soon, rather than a day too late  :luv:

xx
helen & jarvis x

Offline lescef

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »
We've been in this position twice and it is the saddest feeling in the world. I think you will know when the time has come and you can be there to hold him. I also think the thinking about having to make the final decision is dreadfully upsetting -I cried for days beforehand
I will admit to crying more when I lost the dogs than when my parents died, but I think with pets it is pure sadness but with people there is so many other things to worry about.
I feel for you and send my love. X
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »
No words just many of these to wrap around both. :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: