Author Topic: Murphylicious  (Read 1005 times)

Offline JoanneM

• Site Member
Murphylicious
« on: November 26, 2015, 10:56:02 PM »
I used to spend hours on here, before life/work/kids took over, but my cocker baby has always been with me... We had 10 and a half years together, we walked, talked, moaned and a whole lot more. We were inseparable, we cuddled through bad times and kissed through the good. I never thought the day would come when we'd say goodbye.
Over two months ago the chronic diarrhoea started... We went to the vets and were given antibiotics, they worked short term, then it came back. Another vets visit and different medication was prescribed... On the third visit we asked for blood tests, they were clear, the vets were baffled... Next we asked for thorough blood tests and an X-ray and ultrasound - they too came back clear... Then you started to deteriorate... Not eating, refusing to walk, generally being uninterested. We went back to the vets where your blood tests showed liver enzymes were off the scale. The vet didn't hold out much hope - she said she could examine further, but under anithstetic which was risky. Having sat with the vet, cuddling you while we talked I made the decision, you were slumped against me and lifeless, and I knew the dog I knew was no longer here it was time to say goodbye!!
If I gave up too soon I'm sorry... love you forever Murphy M and I'll never forget you. Xxxxxx