Author Topic: What goes on in their heads?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
Re: What goes on in their heads?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 07:40:06 AM »
Our nextdoor neighbour!

Our neighbour is only here on the weekends as he lives during the week in the city. Lady will not leave the fence between the 2 houses alone, she runs up and down, tail up and barking.
Last weekend, we were talking to him over the fence and Lady was yipping, barking and growling. We picked her up so she could meet the neighbour, she licked his hands whilest still growling!!
This morning she started off doing the parading up and down the fence and carrying on! But has mostly been ok since!
Yesterday afternoon it was a young man on a skateboard heading home!

However, she does have an equine friend called Buddy who regularly passes by the house. She barks, Buddy whinnies or Buddy will start and Lady replies!!

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
Drain covers!!  :huh: Rowan has been phobic since puppyhood (plus Tosca, the world's most bouncy and playful huge golden doodle - Rowan squeals and climbs our legs til she's lifted every time we see him). :luv:

Guess who is the same :005:. Brodie despises drains and drain covers. A couple of weeks ago a van went over a cover and made a massive noise - poor Brodie nearly jumped out her skin and for days afterwards would cower whenever a car/van/lorry went past :'(. She seems over it now. She also despises my neighbour's lab, she's terrified of him for some reason.

She sometimes spooks at totally random things, like a half-melted snowman or a baby walker :005:. And after her decision to try and eat a wasp a couple of days ago I am hoping I can add them to the list >:(

Barney, my last cocker, had a massive fear of brushes, you couldn't have them anywhere near him.

You couldn't make our pair up  :005: Rowan was 3 on 17th August and has now added white vans to her "no" list. If I go out into our very small and secure walled garden, she now puts the tail up, parades the perimeter at pace squealing (yipping is the best description) til I go back in the house. Can only quests she wants to protect me from the big bad world. Don't think I'll ever work out her head.  :luv:

It's unreal :005:. How can two dogs be so similar? I know they are closely related, but Rowan is more like Brodie than her own sister, Bria!

x In memory of Barney x

Offline HJandKatie

• Loki - Working Cocker
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 08:34:06 PM »
I go to parkrun every saturday, so far Loki has show (rational) fear of a jet skier on the river and the 10am KLM arrival into Teesside airport (it flies over us).  Today he freaked out at 2 regular runners who he has never reacted to previously!

He also hates the long handled dustpan and brush.

Offline Koslg

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 10:20:37 PM »
I think it would be easier to list things that Humbug likes than dislikes as his list grows and changes daily. Today he objected to lots of music on the tv , a dalek, a frog on the tv, a carrier bag, a van in the distance, someone hoovering etc. oh and my mum standing in the back door.
on the good side he only quietly growled at a dog outside the car rather than barking at it.

Offline woodlander

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »
The Red Arrows  :005: :005:
They are currently doing a display at the Bournemouth air Festival and from time to time they are flying over our house.
Sweep is not happy   >:(