Author Topic: Daisy Duke  (Read 2545 times)

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
Daisy Duke
« on: February 28, 2019, 09:29:00 PM »
Daisy was my blue roan girl who was born on 24 June 2006 and we had her from 7 weeks of age.  She was the sweetest girl and independent who loved her food.  She suffered with Pancreatitis in her middle age and so then had to have a restricted diet, then at the age of 10 she developed Diabetes and after a month she developed cataracts really quickly and lost the majority of her sight.  Her diabetes took a long time to control, but she didn't grumble and suffered me injecting her twice a day and taking blood glucose samples every month.  A few times in the last 2 years I wondered how long she would keep going and even wondered if she would make it to our holiday away in a Cottage at Christmas 2018 - she did!  She wasn't able to walk as far as Mollie (nearly 14) and Fudge (nearly 9) as she started to loose the power in her back legs, so we bought her a stroller.  She loved sitting and lying down in it being pushed around  :lol2:  In early 2018 she developed Horners Syndrome and then dry eye.  She looked a sorry soul with her droopy one eye/face.

The middle of January she started to go off her food and we tried heating it up, adding veg and anything we could to keep her eating.  She collapsed with low blood sugars and I took her down the vets and she had full blood tests which showed her kidneys were failing, so we decided to do the kindest thing for her and let her go  :'(   She was at home in her bed overlooking the garden.

Daisy Duke 24 June 2006 to 14 February 2019

Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)