Author Topic: Barney, one year on……  (Read 714 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Barney, one year on……
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:33:56 AM »
Barney

08/07/1996 - 02/04/2008

:luv:

I can’t believe it’s been one long year since I last saw you.  You were my special little boy and I miss you so much every single day.

Our last walk together was so peaceful.  You wanted to go by the woods, your favourite place in the whole world.  I’ll never forget the way you sniffed the air before turning one last time for home.  I’m so sorry I didn’t know how ill you were, I’m so sorry you didn’t make it home.  The guilt will live with me always.

You filled my life with so much happiness, the good times far outweighed the bad - the way you used to scream blue murder when you caught the scent of water, how you could dive to the bottom of the lake and somehow find the stone I threw for you, how you’d get soooo grumpy once you were wet; your deep love of socks and destroying things (your little sister has developed the same love - I think you’d like her, she’s a cheeky wee thing); the way I always felt totally safe with you - I knew you’d never let anything bad happen to me; the way I could see your little mind working on how to steal something and then perfectly execute your plan; the way your stomach ruled your mind - I remember you diving into our neighbour’s house and stealing her apricots before any of us could blink.  You used to give us a terrible row after coming home from getting your haircut as well.  I could type forever, but no words can capture just what a character you were…

I would do anything to have you back by my side, but I know it’s not to be.  I hope you are having great fun at the Bridge, doing all these things and everything else you loved doing. Take care of Benji, so different to you but just as much loved.  My two cocker angels :angel:

x In memory of Barney x