Author Topic: Crating with door open, dare I?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
Crating with door open, dare I?
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:36:55 PM »
Well Chloe and I came back from Clive's earlier and although the noise of her walking on his wooden floor drives him insane he hates leaving her in her crate if we go out! She's more than used to it as it's been the case since she came here over a year ago but I thought I'd let her have the roam of his house whilst we were out yesterday and when we came back she was actually in her cage!  :o I was really quite surprised! There are beds, sofas, carpets, you name it in Clive's house and he has room mates that were still in so I was really surprised that she didn't venture off to find somewhere more comfy to be honest! We did the same last night when we went to bed (her crate was in his bedroom) and she slept in there all night!  :luv: I think I'm going to try to leave her crate open tonight and see if she follows me upstairs or not!

I guess I'm asking this question as I'm hoping to introduce a puppy into the fold in the future and will probably use either the crate for the new puppy or get them a new crate so Chloe doesn't get upset and I wondered if anybody else had tried anything similar? Would you get a new crate? Would you see if the two could settle together? Decisions, decisions!