Author Topic: Raw food approval at vet surgery!  (Read 2202 times)

Offline phoenix

• Donator
Raw food approval at vet surgery!
« on: May 21, 2018, 11:22:50 AM »
Visiting a Sheffield vet with a friends  dog today, I noticed they only had a small stand of the usual Royal Canin sponsored overpriced kibble. Instead, in a central position , was a freezer of Natures Menu frozen raw food!    Hooray!
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Raw food approval at vet surgery!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 05:08:27 PM »
My vet practice has two surgeries, each managed by one of the two senior vets. The one that I mostly use is the domain of the senior vet who approves of raw feeding and recommends it. They don't yet sell raw food, perhaps because of lack of space as the practice is in a tiny thatched cottage and space is very limited. But he doesn't sell Royal Canin and stocks one of the good quality grain free kibbles instead.

The other surgery is the domain of the other senior partner and the next most senior vet, neither of whom approve of raw. My classic moment was when Louis had one of his very rare visits to the vet, I think he had an eye infection, and we saw the second in command vet. He complimented me on Louis' coat, condition and slimness and then asked what I fed him. When I replied raw, he literally took a step backwards and went pale :005: