Author Topic: Chicken Wings - Stupid question  (Read 5008 times)

Penel

Re: Chicken Wings - Stupid question
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 08:50:43 PM »
Utter codswallop  :lol:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 09:34:56 PM »
Utter codswallop  :lol:

Yes, but feeding raw does encourage them to become vicious and to eat their owner's hands doesn't it?

Joke :005:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »
Yes, but feeding raw does encourage them to become vicious and to eat their owner's hands doesn't it?

I'd be wealthy if I had a £ for every time I'd heard that  ::)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 09:39:19 PM »
Its amazing we've all survived for so long with all these savage dogs we must have created ::) :005: :005: :005: :005:

Penel

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 10:32:35 PM »
Its amazing we've all survived for so long with all these savage dogs we must have created ::) :005: :005: :005: :005:

surprised mine don't eat me when I'm asleep   :005:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 10:59:56 PM »
I was stopped and berated in the village by what I will describe as an "old school" dog trainer, known to use some very unkind behaviour with dogs  >:( , for feeding raw as it will turn all my dogs wild.  ::) And for good measure he added that I should find a proper training school and not the namby pamby place I go to.  >:(
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline ruby

• Site Member
  • ruby
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 11:17:56 PM »
sarahp,thanks for replying i have decided that i will try the chicken wings with ruby and hopefully we might have a few less trips to the vets :D

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 01:22:26 PM »
well if it turns your dogs wild mines a bad example ::) ::)  She has yet to EAT a bird with feather on it and is barf fed including duck and pheasant which I was also told was a no no... silly twits don't they realise the dog knows that everything belongs to me and my dog knows it??

People have some old fashioned views about somethings and I think they forget that alot of this nonsense stems from old fashioned advertising when the dog food companies started to make their products.  I have some old articles from magasines telling all sorts of nonsense... dogs didn't get to be here today without being fed BARF we didn't have dog food up until a few years ago they were still fed table scraps and a bit of raw meat along with what they caught themselves.  The dog food companies are laughing all the way to the bank because most of us feed our dogs their products and very little of it is actually meat...

Dog is a carnivore they eat meat and not to be funny but i have yet to see a dog light a fire and cook it :005: :005:  So raw is a natural product and they are designed to eat it.

There are some bones I wouldn't feed but only because it can stay in the stomach for long periods of time and be painful for the dog to remove the other end (turkey legs is a good one) and of course you don't feed cooked bones.