Author Topic: Sorry but another food advice question  (Read 1287 times)

Offline karenelli

• Site Member
  • Lynwater Bracken Lass. aka "Rosie"
Sorry but another food advice question
« on: May 16, 2007, 09:23:36 PM »

Hi, can anyone help with a small dilemma re food.

I have my cocker Rosie who is almost 6 months old who is currently on Burns mini bites and our new springer Nickel age 3 and a half years who is currently fed Skinners field and trial duck & rice.

My question is around the fact that I am think it is time to move Rosie onto an adult food as she has all her adult teeth now and would prefer them both on the same food.  Do I move her onto Skinners or him onto Burns?

I know Rosie likes the Skinners as she is always pinching bits off Nickel's plate whilst he is eating (when she has finished her own of course, she wouldn't dream of leaving any for him to grab) the greedy little minx :luv: but I also feel that he would like the Burns if he was given the chance :005:.   What should I do???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
Re: Sorry but another food advice question
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 09:37:49 PM »
Rosie could be moved over on to Burns adult food now. I agree that getting them both on the same food would be a better idea, otherwise they'll always be very interested in getting into each others bowls!
Whilst I know Burns is a very good food that is natural and it is something I have fed my dogs in the past, I know nothing about Skinners. I've had a quick search on it to see if I could find out what is in it but to no avail. If its a premium natural food without any colourings, artificial flavourings and fillers etc and there's not much to seperate them then go with the one the dogs seem to prefer. But try and do some research into Skinners, have a look on the bag and see how it compares to Burns, their nuturional info is on thie website.
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)