Author Topic: any one else problems with raw hides  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: any one esle problems with raw hides
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »
Of course you have to make you own mind up - but Smudge has the Armitage Good Boy mini rawhides as a treat and he loves them.

As these particular ones have always been ok with him & he gets on average 2 in a week, I don't feel inclined to stop this treat.

He also gets a range of Fish for dogs treats he loves them - but don't tend to last that long.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline praia

Re: any one esle problems with raw hides
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:57 AM »
I don't give rawhides, but mostly because my one spaniel will swallow the thing whole, which is very scary.  If a dog is a nibbler and takes off little bits at a time they should be okay.

The only thing he DOESNT eat are his two flipping antler bars I got him!!! grrrrr expensive too!!!

My Cocker didn't have any interest in her antler until she was over a year old.  For the longest time I thought it was a waste of money as well, but one day she picked it out of the toy box and now gnaws on it every day.  I think it was a bit intimidating for a young puppy, but now that her jaws are stronger and she's now successful at scraping out a bit of the marrow it's her favorite chew treat.

Offline sarahm2008

Re: any one else problems with raw hides
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »
will keep the antler bars then..was considering trying to chop them in half but not sure how safe that is (for me!!!)

Offline maddy74

Re: any one else problems with raw hides
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 12:37:34 AM »
Have you tried soaking the stag bars in water over night it releases the smells and flavours