Author Topic: William  (Read 2344 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
William
« on: March 25, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »
I had to say goodbye to my sweet William last week, at almost 16 years old. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with him, no pain, no illness, but he was old and tired and started to lose interest in eating. I took him to the vet twice and we tried a couple of things to try and help him regain his appetite and tempt him to start eating properly again, but to no avail. He stopped eating altogether on the Saturday, although he was still drinking water. Over that weekend I spent a lot of time sitting on the sofa with William snuggled up to me and he was quiet but content, going into the garden now and then for a pee but coming straight back in afterwards. it was a peaceful time for both of us and it helped me to say most of my goodbyes  :'( :'(

I had the vet come to my home on the Monday and William slipped away peacefully, after giving the vet and vet nurse his usual polite licky greeting. I held him all the way through so he knew I was there for him. I miss my best friend, by my side for so long, but it was time to say goodbye.

Hope to see you again sometime my darling boy  :luv: