Author Topic: How old were you when you first owned a cocker?  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
Re: How old were you when you first owned a cocker?
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2013, 02:55:23 PM »
I was 14 when I got Elmo :luv: The responsibility was mostly mine. I housetrained him, walked him, fed him, brushed him, etc. He's 12 now :luv:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A

Offline askungen

• Site Member
    • Our website!
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »
We had a black show-girl when I was born but I've got my own cocker, a black show-boy, when I was 20 years. Now I have one working boy and one working-springer girl  :luv:
2 working spaniels and 2 giant schnauzers livin' in the mountains of Sweden!

Offline karenl

• Amber
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2013, 07:45:05 PM »
I was 52 when I got my first dog Amber, & then aged another 52 years through her puppyhood . :005:

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »
I was 9 when we got Mollie  :luv: She started my love for dogs and cocker spaniels.
Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline Clare B

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »
Cockers are a bit of a family tradition, my dad had a very clever and devoted black cocker when he was growing up and tells many stories about him.
Soon after they were married my Dad  bought my mum a red girl  Suzie  for a birthday.  Suzie had two litters of pups and my parents kept one called Tess.  I have wonderful memories of Tess and Suzie when I was growing up.  I  waited though until my children were all at school before I could have my very own (42yrs old), my husband suggested other breeds but I was determined to have a cocker and now my husband is a complete convert. Flo is just as wonderful as I remember my childhood dogs being.