Author Topic: Favourite quirks  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Mari

• Site Member
Favourite quirks
« on: May 08, 2020, 04:56:17 PM »
It would be fun to have a thread about the random quirks our cockers have. The absurd and cute behaviours they have that just make us laugh every time  :luv:

Laurië used to try to kill the hoover. It took some time but she has finally understood that she cannot beat it. So instead of attacking it, she spends her energy on a very important weekly rescue mission. Every time I hoover downstairs, she will get all her soft toys from the toy box and carry them one by one upstairs to safety. I am considering sewing her a little superhero cape so she can save plushies in style  :lol2:

Laurië loves it when we sing to her! She has lost most of her hearing, but she still loves it when we sing. She presses her head to our chest or neck and makes happy noises.

What quirks do your cockers have? Maybe we can find some new "cockerisms"  :lol2: Just for fun.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Favourite quirks
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 05:53:42 PM »
Our Gemma has to run and grab a toy everytime loud animal noises come on the telly. She goes into a panic while finding "the correct" comforter then when she found one it's back on the sofa lying down with her chin resting on the toy and resumes watching the TV. Strange creature  :lol2:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 07:13:03 PM »
Dylan brings us a tea towel as a welcome present whenever we have been apart, even if it's just the morning ablutions in the bathroom. Or if I've been in another room for a few minutes. Or when I get up in the morning cos's we've been in separate realms of nod for eight hours (he sleeps in the bedroom). The tea towel is whipped off the cooker rail and presented, or if he's feeling playful he'll run off with it and bury it under the throw on the sofa (which he thinks is his). Unfortunately he never connects the tea towel with wiping the dishes ........

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 11:21:30 PM »
Archie has his bed in the hall outside my bedroom and every night he goes to bed in it (but he’s always in my bed when I wake up in the morning..... :shades:). As soon as I switch off my light I hear him creep into my room, turn around and creep out again. Every morning I retrieve my right slipper from his bed. Always the right slipper, never the left.  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 07:07:22 AM »
Am loving reading these, what funny little characters they are!! :luv:
Humphrey is just plain nosey, its impossible for OH or I to be looking at anything without him having to get his muzzle inbetween!  :lol2: Since  lockdown, we‘ve been having regular „Zoom“ conference calls with the family, as soon as the laptop goes onto the coffee table, he bags the prime spot on the sofa to make sure he‘s included,  - five minutes into the conversation  starts his “this is boring“ performance, chin on the table doing his „I’m  neglected „pose, followed by the  full length stretch over our laps with feet in the air „I‘m still here“ bit. If he could, he‘d be perched behind me pulling grimaces while I‘m talking!!  :005: :005:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 10:53:14 AM »
I really do not know where to start Ollie has so many....so just to name a few.

When we watch Four in a Bed we have to hold the remote to lower the volume because everytime the door bells ring he goes crackers.....

Heres the main one which happens several times a day and always in the garden....when he has been and done a number two...he drops it and literally runs away like his life depended on it :005: he's been like that for years.

When he comes in from a walk he always darts to his toy box and grabs a toy and jumps on the bed in the hope that this will get your attention and a tug of war takes place, if you fail to follow this routine he will bully you until he gets his way....and he is a bully boy :shades:

Finally this one is just with his master, each night he waits eagerly for OH to get ready for bed....we have a long stool at the foot of the bed which OH sits on and Ollie waits for the socks to come off.....then in true cocker fashion the socks are taken by Ollie who sleeps with them in his bed and next morning he gleefully shows them off to his master, they eventually go in the wash and it all starts off again the next night.

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 11:56:50 AM »
 :lol2: :lol2: Oh Ollie!  :luv:

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
Love every post in this thread! Your dogs are fantastic!  :luv:

If I try to shut Laurië in a room for a minute, like if I want to put her in the bedroom while we carry something in and leave the front door open, she will scream in frustration. Literally scream the second I shut the door to the room where there are soft beds, toys and a water bowl available. But if I don't notice that she followed me into the dark basement, and I accidentally close the door with her in there she will sit quietly until I notice her missing and come looking for her. This has happened so many times now and I don't understand it. She always sits right inside the door looking miserable, not uttering a peep  :lol2:

She loves dancing. If we start dancing she will do the same. Spinning when we spin and and balancing on hindlegs. I have taught her to spin and stand up in the past, but only as separate tricks and I don't ask her to do it. She just sees us moving around and joins in. It's adorable  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 01:20:18 PM »
. But if I don't notice that she followed me into the dark basement, and I accidentally close the door with her in there she will sit quietly until I notice her missing and come looking for her. This has happened so many times now and I don't understand it. She always sits right inside the door looking miserable, not uttering a peep  :lol2:

Humphrey‘s does that. I think they just take immeasurable pleasure in trying to make us feel guilty!  :005:

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 01:26:54 PM »

Humphrey‘s does that. I think they just take immeasurable pleasure in trying to make us feel guilty!  :005:

It works every time too  :005:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »
Wow Ollie does that too.....you try and do anything or a delivery/workman and he barks like mad if you shut him in a room....but if he follows you when you are cleaning etc and you then accidently shut him in not a peep.. of course the look is "what did you lock me in there for"
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 05:05:30 PM »
Wow Ollie does that too.....you try and do anything or a delivery/workman and he barks like mad if you shut him in a room....but if he follows you when you are cleaning etc and you then accidently shut him in not a peep.. of course the look is "what did you lock me in there for"

Dylan does that as well, barks like mad if deliberately put in another room, such as for a delivery man, but deadly silent if accidentally shut in. Weird eh?

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 10:10:21 AM »
The ball game.......on a beach Rosie will put Her ball down then start to dig a hole, ball gets put on the edge of the hole and She digs until ball falls in hole, picks up ball, puts on edge of hole digs until ball falls in.....this will keep Her amused for a good half hour and the beach looks like it has been bombed.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 10:22:43 AM »
The ball game.......on a beach Rosie will put Her ball down then start to dig a hole, ball gets put on the edge of the hole and She digs until ball falls in hole, picks up ball, puts on edge of hole digs until ball falls in.....this will keep Her amused for a good half hour and the beach looks like it has been bombed.

:lol2: love it!! Humphrey would be digging the hole with the ball clenched between his teeth - no way would he put it down, someone might STEAL it!!  ph34r

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 01:01:09 PM »

:lol2: love it!! Humphrey would be digging the hole with the ball clenched between his teeth - no way would he put it down, someone might STEAL it!!  ph34r
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :rofl1: