Author Topic: Hot weather  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Ladys tramp

Hot weather
« on: August 12, 2020, 03:08:21 PM »
Took lady and tramp to the beach and mountains yesterday coped with the heat in the car with no problems. Only in the car half hour max between locations. Thunder storms and rain on the way home again no issues.
Short walk at 6 this morning. They are just lazing about today  and not eating or drinking much. Any one else got a sleepy slow cocker today?

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Hot weather
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »
Absolutely! Humphrey hates the heat and we‘ve been averaging 35 degrees all this week. He‘s been having a half hour walk in the mornings and that‘s been it. Nothing short of a raging inferno would stop him easting though!  :lol2:

Offline Ladys tramp

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 04:16:57 PM »
Tramps gone right off his food today wont even eat his treats. Lady has moved about ten feet today to the back door and back to her bed. It's like shes been sedated lol. Never seen her so quiet.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 05:28:48 PM »
Not just the dog, feel like I have melted.

Offline Ladys tramp

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 05:34:16 PM »
Looks like it might cool down a bit here. I can hear rumbles and it's going dark hopefully get a downpour

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 05:52:47 PM »
Same here, really hot and uncomfortable for both me and the pooches. Minstrel was a bit iffy about breakfast, but Branston is a bit like Humphrey and will eat no matter what, in fact if he goes off his food, I would know he was not well.

Half hour walk through the woods, was quite enough exercise for all of us, otherwise just lazing around.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 08:11:31 PM »
 :luv:  :luv:

I soaked the cool coat in cold water for Maisie this afternoon.  She eyed it very suspiciously as obviously she has never seen one before.  Once I'd got it over her neck she was fine.  Trotted round in it for a few minutes and then went and lay underneath the garden bench in the shade and had a good snooze.  It was so lovely to see her transformed from a very hot, panting doggie to a calm snoozing girl.  Bless. 

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 08:26:02 PM »
Maisie is settling in so beautifully  :luv: