Author Topic: Bayley Update  (Read 9713 times)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Bayley Update
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2006, 10:01:23 PM »
well done mark!!  more pix please  ;)

(keep mark on his toes bayley - i know how difficult it is for pooches to teach their hoomuns properly...it's lack of hoomun consistency i reckon.... ph34r)
helen & jarvis x

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2006, 10:58:40 PM »
I wish I was as good as you at getting the best out of dogs
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2006, 11:13:02 PM »
Great news Mark! You must have really had to do a Linford Christie to catch up with Bayley though - boy, can he move :laugh:

Jane
Jane

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2006, 11:44:53 PM »
Great to hear Bayley is doing so well, I've really enjoyed reading this  B)

Offline ajs

• Site Member
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2006, 11:11:06 PM »
It is such early days and yet Bayley seems to have come on so well so quickly. I am amazed and delighted. I can't wait to tel Kirsty, the vet who gave Bayley his chance.

Everyone in the vets asked me about Bayley last time I was there; it was only a few days after Bayley had gone up to Mark's, so they were all keeping their fingers crossed for him that things would go well...I think I will now be able to tell them with confidence that Bayley has at last found his forever home :blink:  :laugh:

Fabulous. I love the updates, keep 'em coming Mark! Sounds like the college course is brilliant.

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2006, 09:55:46 AM »
Yep Alison he certainly has.
I am really busy with a college assignment at present, which has to be in on Wednesday, but after that I 'll get the adoption forms back to you and post some more pics on here.
Do you have any info about his breeding?
 He was helping my wife decorate the living room yesterday by using his tail as a paint brush. >:D :laugh:
The college course is great and I have learned loads, but it is hard work.
I am just on with a project about the evolution of the domestic dog and how its ancestory relates to pack theory and the way that we've trained our dogs in the past using the dominance model.
you can do the course on a distance learning option and I think it is a marvelous way to meet like minded people and to gain an acedemic qualification in a subject so close to my heart.
If anybody is interested, Bishop Burton College will have a stand at Crufts where you can get more info.
Ps Alison can you tell kirsty the vet she is an angel and A complete star!

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2006, 11:34:32 AM »
"I walked with Suzie Q and her two on York race course yesterday and had to go sprinting after him on a couple of occasions when he got a bit to far away because of us talking. I've not run like that for years, i think sue was quite impressed at my speed."

Only just caught up with this thread- sorry for late reply but just have to say that YES i was very impressed with the speed with which Mark sprinted after Bayley - definately a linford christie sort of sprint!!! Mind you i was also impressed with the speed that Bayley could muster when on a scent.He is an absolutely gorgeous boy and Mark has already worked his magic on him.He fits in so well with Doug and Oliver, and my terrible two have taken to him without any problems. Great to see them all together on the knavesmire. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2006, 01:38:05 PM »

Hi everyone, just another quick update on Bayley along with some pics.
Here's one of my boys with bayley in the foreground, Doug to the left and Ollie to the right.
Bayley went to college with me and Doug last night and I'm pleased to report he was a complete star.
People he was barking and lunging at two weeks ago seemed like his best friends.:shades:
he has his twirl on just a verbal cue now and was impressing everybody with his little trick.
He was off lead again yesterday and today and thankfully no need to run after him this time.
Miche, if you read this he has a bird fetish as well which aint surprising considering his breed.
He is a joy to watch when he gets a scent and takes some distracting from his work when he gets his nose down.
The little chap continues to improve andhis recall is the fastest and keenest of all my lads which means Doug has some real competition for the toys or chicken waiting when they arrive. :lol:

Bayley is also pictured practicing his retrieve, which I must say is useless at the moment. :005:
He gets so far back to me ,drops the dummy on the floor, stands on it with one paw and looks at it and then me.
I can just picture him saying "go on then if you think your quick enough."

Finally how many cockers can you cuddle at once? the answer? As many as possible of course.

If anyone will be at Crufts by the way do let me know it would be great to meet some of you guys.
Me and the oh are going Saturday to shop and Sunday to look at the proper dogs. ;)
See you there I hope
Mark and the gang.

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2006, 06:05:39 PM »
love the first pic of 3 sitting handsome boys....there is a special something about the one at the back on the left with the squidgy choc/roan coat :luv:

think you need a tan'n'black now?????  you've gotta get a 'set' eventually.....

ollie's saying 'shove over and let me get more dad room' in the bottom one - bless him!
helen & jarvis x

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2006, 10:30:38 PM »
Mark, I'm pretty sure you could fit a few more cockers on there :005:

Wonderful to hear what you are doing with him, seems like a match made in heaven to me. And those photos............ :luv:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2006, 10:35:20 PM »
Bayley is also pictured practicing his retrieve, which I must say is useless at the moment. :005:
He gets so far back to me ,drops the dummy on the floor, stands on it with one paw and looks at it and then me.
I can just picture him saying "go on then if you think your quick enough."
Great pics Mark - Bayley looks so happy with you & your other boys :blink: He did that trick when I was trying to teach him to bring the ball back to me - he'd stand there with one foot on the ball and a big grin on his face but then sometimes his foot would slip so Siani would sneak in, pick up the ball & bring it to me as if to say "look I can do it!" :005:

Hope to meet up with you at Crufts on Saturday ;)

Jane
Jane

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2006, 10:38:33 PM »
aaw - how content he looks - as do you all.  :luv:
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member