Author Topic: The joys of dog ownership...  (Read 8259 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
The joys of dog ownership...
« on: February 19, 2007, 05:56:22 PM »

Apologies for the mammoth post but much as we all love our dogs, don't you just want to strangle them sometimes ?

Last night I thought I'd have a bath and then lie in bed watching a DVD, I took the dogs out for their normal late night walk first. Stevie usually does a poo but not this time, despite loads of encouragement and hanging around waiting. Anyway we got home and I got in the bath, shutting the door so Misty couldn't come in to lick me and drink the bath water. I had my bath, came out the bathroom wrapped in a towel and stood straight in a big pile of steaming poo just outside the door, left for me courtesy of Stevie. To make things worse, opening the door had smeared it right across the carpet in a big brown arc. There was no hot water left so I had to wait for the kettle to boil, hopping around on one foot until I could wash the poo off. After that I had to boil the kettle again to clean the carpet, as soon as I got down on my hands and knees Misty started prancing around awoowoowooing thinking it was some kind of a game, before I could stop her she ran right through the poo and then jumped at me - putting poo prints all over the towel and on my back. I put her on the grooming table so she was out the way, stuck the towel in the washing machine and got a clean one, then finished cleaning up the carpet and door. I had to wedge a damp cloth under the door and swing it backwards and forwards to try and get the poo off from it's underside - I'll probably have to take it off it's hinges to clean it properly, it stinks. I boiled another kettle to clean Misty up and wipe down the mess she'd walked all over the grooming table. I then sat for a while waiting for the water to heat up so I could have another bath to get the poo off my back but got fed up and ended up having a cold bath instead - it was better than sitting in the freezing cold trying not to lean on the back of the chair and cover it in poo. After what seemed an eternity I eventually got to bed in a foul mood, turned off the light... only for Jimmy to start doing this pathetic whimpering - I'd forgotten to give the dogs their usual night time biscuit. He wasn't going to give in so I got up, went to the kitchen for biscuits and horror of horrors noticed there was another pile of poo by the front door ! I had to boil yet another kettle of water and get the scrubbing brush out again, by this time all 3 dogs were whining in the background for their biscuits. I was seething, in fact I was so angry I'm surprised my head didn't explode. It was a real struggle not to shout at them all to just **** right off and turf them out into the street.

And that wasn't even the end of it, it carried over to this morning. Normally, as soon as I'm up and dressed I take the dogs out for a quick toilet walk ( no garden). No sooner had I got their leads on and the phone started ringing, stupidly I answered it. When I got off the phone Jimmy and Misty were still waiting patiently at the front door but Stevie was nowhere to be seen. I eventually tracked her down to the bedroom where she was just finishing off the most enormous lake of a wee right on top of my bed, soaking not just through to the duvet but it was all over the lead handle as well.

Dogs - who'd have em ? They are making fools of the lot of us.  >:D  :lol:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: The joys of dog ownership...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 06:00:06 PM »
sorry you're having such a s**t time colin, sometimes they can reeeeealllly pee you right off ph34r ph34r ph34r

(ewww pooey paw prints on your back ewwwwwwwwww  :o )

helen & jarvis x

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »
 :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:

Sorry m8 but that is just hilarious  :005: :005: :005:

I would have been fuming too though. You couldn't have made that lot up :005:
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 06:01:53 PM »
Do you ever think they're ganging up on you Colin?  :lol:  I would have been livid too with all that going on - we're having pooey episodes at the moment - I feel your pain.

BUT that made me laugh and I'll think of you the next time I have to clean poo off the carpet etc  :lol:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Sorry Colin, made me giggle too, the thought of you hopping around on one foot with poo on your back, in the buff......euuuuugh not a pretty sight  :005:

Remind me to decline the offer of coming to tea for a while til the pong's gone  ;)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »
Colin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an aching belly and tears streaming down my face - I havent laughed so much in ages  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bet Stevie was right proud of herself  :luv: :luv:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 06:07:32 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: Sorry sorry Im under control now, I know its not really funny.

Oops its got away from me again  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 06:09:47 PM »
I feel your pain too Colin :lol: We've got an elderly senile Cocker staying with us at the moment who spends most of the night wandering around moaning, sometimes she needs to go out and sometimes she just likes to moan. I got up at 2 am as I could hear Mollie having a moan so rushed downstairs in my bare feet and trod in a lovely warm pile of steaming poo :o Cleaning s***t out of my toenails in the early hours of the morning doesn't put you in the mood for a restful night's sleep that's for sure. You gotta love 'em though (said with gritted teeth). Oh and in case you think you've got the naughty one in Stevie, Jimmy destroyed a cushion yesterday and chewed a hole in one of our rugs for good measure :005:
Jane

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1:

Oh, dear  :rofl1: :rofl1:
Julie and Watson

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 06:16:57 PM »
Oops  :o   :005:  :o  :lol:  :o  :rofl1: :rofl1:  sorry i did try not to laugh.  :005:

Offline Scootysmum

• Site Member
  • Scoots, mum Molly and sis Daisy on 3rd b-day!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 06:20:11 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: Am laughing so much the eyes have started watering- absolutely hilarious!

This reminds me of a few months back when OH fell asleep on the sofa, woke up at 3am a bit disoriented and put his feet in various pools of diarrhoea deposited by the scootkin. I was in bed, oblivious to the shower of expletives coming from OH  :005:  :005:. Scoots was so happy his Dad had woken up, he showed his delight by skidding in a secret stash he had left by the side of the sofa, spreading it all over the floor again....then demonstrated his affection by jumping up OH's nice clean chinos  :005:  :005:

Shame you didn't have your video camera on at the time  :005:  :005:

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 06:22:41 PM »
Well you lot may laugh - I'm still seething.  >:D  OK I can see the funny side now... just about.  :lol:

Jane - it would have been a small crumb of comfort to know you were hopping around with a s*** covered foot at the same time of night as I was. It's also nice to know you didn't palm me off with the only naughty one from the litter.  :lol:

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
For those that dont have dogs, they wouldnt believe it  :005:

Still chuckling away  :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be an enormous chore, but I will take them off your hands  ::)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 06:29:59 PM »
Oh dear,  :lol: :lol: :lol:, I have tears streaming down my face  :lol: :lol: :lol:, but probably not the kind you had!

(Nothing like the feeling of poo squishing up between your toes  >:D)

I can tell you from experience that your first mistake was planning a nice, relaxing evening... ::) :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 07:06:59 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
colin, WELCOME TO MY WORLD  :005:
saturday i was missing paddy so decided to babysit at daughters so i got to spend the night with him. told other daughter to make sure she let ellie out early on sunday morning coz she is used to going outside at 5 am. by 8 am sunday i was starting to panic and i knew daughter kealy would no way get up anytime before 11 so decided to go home and face the poo :005: got home, clean floor :D made giant fuss of ellie for being such a clever girl. went to put kettle on and smelt the cat sick, couldn't find it at first then skidded in it. i was well anoyed at cat, but impressed with ellie for not eating it. cleaned sick made coffe. went into front room and there was cat poo everywhere. my multi coloured rug now had a sh*t green colour added to it ph34r. scrubbed rug and floor then sprayed copious amounts of febreeze all over everything be it hard wood floor, telly, leather sofa or curtains. the febreeze then gave me a headache so decided to get a bath. went to get clean towels out the airing cupboard, opened door and sitting there was my ancient old tom cat surrounded by sh*t. all the towels, bedding and spare curtains were either smeared or smelling of cat poo( which smells a billion times worse than dog poo) i then spent the rest of the day coaxing my work to rule washing machine to clean the stuff.
i still have a headache now and i am still getting the odd whiff of poo >:D >:D