Author Topic: kenmilfore flyer aka sweep (does the breeder recognise this name)  (Read 9369 times)

Offline mrssittingduck

• Site Member
a couple of years ago i brought a cocker spaniel puppy from a breeder,
now i do not know their name but i am sure they will remember me,

i live in staffordshire , stoke-on-trent,

i had no intentions of getting a puppy it started out as ferrets,

my brother was after a ferret and i noticed a number in the sentinel news paper advertising some, needless to say we whent and brought them
the grounds the house were in where part of a big esate garden belonging to some lord or other and one of the breeders were the groundsman for the lord,

they had a bird aviary in their front garden !

needless to say i saw the cocker spaniels and fell in love with the runt of the litter who they had nicknamed sweep, his kennel name is kenmilfore flyer, born on my dads birthday which is 25th may (2003) no ,my dad wasnt born in 2003 lol

the father of sweep i dont know his name but the owner of him was a mr T.S ferret ,

a couple of the names on the pedigree were maesyderrwin or something similar to that,

unfortunately due to cercumstances i gave my dog away free of charge to a home that i thought would be a forever home, i gave him to the new owner on the conditions that if he ever got rid of him weather it be 3 weeks down the line or 15 years down the line he would come back to me, i didnt want to get rid of my dog at all but i feared for his safety, he had a habbit of opening the draws and laundry basket and eating the babies socks whole about 10 socks at a time and when he pooped them out needless to say the socks came with it ...
i was promised they would give me back my baby if they ever wanted to rehome for any reason, but i wasnt their when they came to collect as i was too upset, my partner was suppost to have got them to sign an agreement agrreing to give back sweep if he was ever to be rehomed and that he was not to be sold to anybody, my partner also gave him the papers which he should not have done,

needless to say i have found that he has sold my baby and i am absolutely heartbroke,
i am not allowed to have him, they will not let me,

i want another dog and feel now that i could cater for absolutely every need, i have sealed off all my draws so they can not be raided,

i have a saluki that suffered terribly when sweep whent, he was rescued and he suffers with a severe depression, before we had sweep he would not play, he would not go anywhere ,and wouldnt keep his weight on, when sweep arrived they got on like a house on fire, he learnt to play with him and kept his weight on, and bounced around,
now he will not play, wont keep his weight on and hardly moves from where he is and i feel that he could do with some company,

i am after the same breeder as at the minuite i cant afford to buy another dog yet but would like one from that breeder, so contact details would be appreciated,

when i have saved up enough money i will get another one and this time i will not let anything come between us, i should have sealed off the draws when he first started doing it but i never thought of it and i panicked , i know it sounds stupid and it is stupid but i didnt want my dog to die

i could shoot myself for what i did to him ...

please if any of you can help me i would appreciate it,
sweep was liver with a white blaze down his chest will put a pic in the gallery of him  if i can figure how to do it

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/mrssittingduck/DSCF00411.jpg link to picture of sweep

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: kenmilfore flyer aka sweep (does the breeder recognise this name)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 11:16:40 PM »
Kenmillfore is unfortunately not the breeder's affix... Kenmill+whatever is the name used by the Kennel Club when registering puppies which come from a breeder which doesn't have an affix or kennel name and where the KC has to name the dogs or where the breeder only supplies a one word name i.e. 'Flyer'. I thought that Kenmilltri was the 2003 name though  :huh:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 11:22:21 PM »
I thought that Kenmilltri was the 2003 name though  :huh:

Yes that's right. Kenmilfore was used for 2004 registrations.
Jane

Offline mrssittingduck

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 12:20:24 AM »
it is me and my silly head lol he was born in 2004 i just cant add up :p

i was hoping the breeder if they were on here would recognise the names when put togather as they really where attached to the little feller and wernt going to sell him to me as their little one wanted him....

she had great pleasure in telling me his kennelname and said it suited him as he could certainly fly when out and about lol
it was also the breeder and her family that named him sweep due to his charachter always with his ears sweeping across the floor when he was outside , so was hoping that would ring a bell too ...:(

have been searching for the breeder for months, well over a year actually (it wouldnt be so bad if they didnt live a few miles away(about 3/4 an hour ) from me but i cant for the life of me remember where it was or what the place was called :(  )

wont give up searching just yet but i think it may be soon time to look at other breeders and the dogs they have to offer in the local area  :)

katie

ps thanks for the info i didnt know that was where the kenmil came from ... i know the maessydderwin (if that is spelt right is a name )  his pedigree had a lot of field trial champinship dogs in it but i cant remember their names to get into touch with their owners as they would have been easier to track down that way rather than a blank search with a mr t.s.ferret that im not sure is spelt right or not or if he kept any records of the breedings

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 04:58:31 AM »
There is an alternative way to find your breeder, if you contact the kennel club and give them the name of your dog they might be able to provide you with the address of the owner from your own paperwork I know mine has it on there, if not you can ask them if they would forward a letter on your behalf.  I have always found the kennel club to be very helpful when it comes to finding people its certainly worth a try.  The only other option is stick an add in the local paper you never know they might reply... ;)

Offline piewwiew

• Site Member
  • MAGIC
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 08:04:17 AM »
hello there your story is heart breaking - sweep looks so lovely   :'(

i too had to give away my two persian cats when i was made homeless ten years ago and i know what you are going through.

i do hope you find the breeders and good luck for the future  :D

keep us updated in your search

teresa and baby charlie who i will be bringing home on 29th may  :luv:

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 08:18:36 AM »
If you could please bear in mind that posts are easier to read and comprehend when correct punctuation and appropriate capital letters are used that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »
Details according to the KC Breed Record Supplement - Volume AE3/2

Mr T.S Ferrett (breeder)
Litter Born - 25/5/04
Sire - Maesydderwen Scimitar Ft Ch (AA4)
Dam - O'loughlin Gale (AB1) born 30/12/00
It was her first litter of 6 pups which included

Kenmilfore Flyer - (d) liver & white.

Perhaps if you contact the Kennel Club with this information, they might be able to help you.

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 09:14:45 PM »
If you could please bear in mind that posts are easier to read and comprehend when correct punctuation and appropriate capital letters are used that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Oh crumbs, I'm someone who doesn't use capitals when I type! Sorry- it hadn't occurred to me that it was causing a problem!  :embarassed:
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »

Thanks

Oh crumbs, I'm someone who doesn't use capitals when I type! Sorry- it hadn't occurred to me that it was causing a problem!  :embarassed:

Sorry OT but your post made me laugh as you have used caps!  :005: I personally don't have a problem at all using caps (touch typist) but nor do I find it a problem when others don't! It's not an essay after all!  :005:

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 10:13:03 PM »

Sorry OT but your post made me laugh as you have used caps!  :005:

I thought I better had, just in case. :) I'll probably forget to quite regularly though- I'm far too lazy with capitals. I'm always being grumbled at by my friends.  ::)
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 10:25:20 PM »
Can we now let this thread get back to its original topic of discussion please.

thank you,
Michele :003:

Offline mrssittingduck

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 11:18:02 PM »
thanks for the info , it is very much appreciated :)

will contact the kennel club see if they can help me out :)

again thank you.

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 10:32:02 AM »
Where did the breeder live?

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 10:59:24 AM »
I've emailed you!!! ;)

My Girls - Molly & Honey