Author Topic: Would You Buy...??  (Read 6380 times)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Would You Buy...??
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2007, 12:52:45 AM »
all puppys breed in doors

Oh good, it's quite embarrasing when they breed outdoors!  :lol:  (Maybe if they got them spaded!  ::) :005:)

I've run across Rockweilers, Lhapso Asa's, French Poodles (really? From France? ::)) Police Dogs, Miniature Collies.....
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2007, 08:47:55 AM »
all puppys breed in doors

Oh good, it's quite embarrasing when they breed outdoors!  :lol:  (Maybe if they got them spaded!  ::) :005:)

:005: :005: :005: :005: :rofl1: :rofl1:

My spelling is definitely worse when I have pmt... iv notised

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »
I went to a totally c**p school but they did at least teach us the rudiments of spelling & grammar & also the correct use of apostrophes which so many times are used incorrectly. :shades:

I get annoyed just seeing the term 'golden labs', never mind anything else.
'golden labs' grates on me too,  I've grown up with 'YELLOW' labs!... ::)

Quite!! ;)

Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 09:08:48 AM »
I wonder if they could be dyslexic? Regardless of how good their grammar is or isn't, I wouldn't buy from an ad online like that, but are you not allowed to breed dogs if you're dyslexic? Just wondering  ;)

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 09:12:03 AM »
my friend is dyslexic and has just finished her teaching degree. she is even more aware of her spelling and therefore spend extra time checking. it's not hard to spell check! :shades:

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2007, 09:50:38 AM »
my friend is dyslexic and has just finished her teaching degree. she is even more aware of her spelling and therefore spend extra time checking. it's not hard to spell check! :shades:

As is my boss, she gets me to help her write her emails  ;).   

On our on-line application forms for re-homing a horse it asks what your occupation is, someone replied 'I don't know what this meens'.  ::)

Millie

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2007, 05:17:36 PM »
I wonder if they could be dyslexic? Regardless of how good their grammar is or isn't, I wouldn't buy from an ad online like that, but are you not allowed to breed dogs if you're dyslexic? Just wondering  ;)

My OH is dyslexic and would be very angry if he thought that the condition he has was used by anyone as an excuse for poor spelling and grammar; he certainly wouldn't have reached the fouth year of his MBA if he produced assignments of the same quality as that Ad >:(

He prefers to use a computer, as there are tools to assist him, such as spell-checkers which can be installed and used in almost every application - even online forms and forums  ;) 

I would expect a breeder to have the skills required to communicate and manage their hobby/business - for instance, when researching stud dogs, compiling contracts and completing tax forms  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2007, 05:25:19 PM »
I'm definately a spelling and grammar stickler! I hate reading things that have that many mistakes in them it's awful. To top it all off some people want the english language dummed down so that it's "easier" for children to learn, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but surely this is just going to make us all more stupid in the long run. I don't know any child who with perseverance can't learn, it's just pure laziness.

Personally I'm glad the paper didn't correct it lets me know to steer clear!

DefinAtely!!  :lol:

Um, actually it's definItely :005: :005:
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline pinkcarys

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
I'm a bit of a pedant when it comes to other people's spelling/grammer mistakes.  The grocer's apostrophy being my massive bug bear.  However, when it comes to my own spelling and grammer, hey, no one's perfect!  :005:  Its like driving.  If someone cuts me up its because they're an idiot who needs to be strung up.  If I cut someone up its because I made a simple mistake and I'm very sorry so please don't get annoyed. Or because they're idiots and shouldn't have got in my way!  :005:

My OH is also dyslexic but never uses it as an excuse.  He got a 1st for his degree and two prizes and I usually end up asking him how to spell things because he was always aware that he couldn't spell so he worked on it. He's said that if he had a chance to get rid of the dyslexia he wouldn't because he believes sme of the things he's good at are due to it, buit that's another story!  ;)
"My aim in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am"

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2007, 10:43:49 PM »
I hate bad grammer and I drive myself mad (let alone others that have to read it all) by editing my text replies!  I can't do with all this text language  :lol:

However, I usually spell check my posts as I'm worried in case I come across as a thick - O  :005:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2007, 10:45:27 PM »
Guys... it's grammAr!!  ph34r :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2007, 10:48:31 PM »

Oh b$gger - is it?  It looks right so what is grammer?  Why doesn't it come up on spell check  :P

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2007, 10:59:09 PM »

Oh b$gger - is it?  It looks right so what is grammer? 

That's your parent's Mother :rofl1:

One thing I have seen on here that I'd like to politely set straight is a bitch that is bred from is called a dam, not a dame  ;) :D

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2007, 11:02:42 PM »

One thing I have seen on here that I'd like to politely set straight is a bitch that is bred from is called a dam, not a dame  ;) :D

I always notice that one too, it always makes me think of Dame Edna Everage  :005:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2007, 11:04:45 PM »
Oh b$gger - is it?  It looks right so what is grammer?  Why doesn't it come up on spell check  :P

The guy who played Frasier is called Kelsey Grammer so maybe whoever designed the spellcheck is a Frasier fan  :005: