Author Topic: Opportunistic Thief  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Maria

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004, 05:42:34 PM »
I have been following this thread and chuckling at the antics some cockers get up to. And then this evening, after I had picked Chris up from the station, we wondered why Boysie wasn't behind the front door waiting, with his tail wagging. I ran into the kitchen and found that he had managed to open the cupboard door where his food is kept, knocked a tub of choc drops onto the floor so the lid fell off, and was having a lovely feast! He looked so indignant when I picked up the tub and tried to pick up what remained on the floor!
We'll now have to get a child lock for the door!                    

Offline PamB

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2004, 08:13:45 PM »
My cocker Barley has a thing for "official" post when it is delivered.  So far he has managed to eat a driving licence and a passport  :shock: with so little evidence left it took us a while to work out what he'd had.  

Needless to say, he never touches the bills! :cry:                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 10:26:31 PM »
Toby is obsessed with my shoes and slippers. Luckily he hasn't chewed any so far but that's only because I've kept a hawk eye on him  :lol:
It's great as Millie likes to hoard things in her bed, mostly clothes, and now Toby has the shoes, you lift their duvets up and it looks like a dressing up box under there  :lol:                    

Offline markjcage

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2004, 06:20:34 PM »
We had a letter box cage which was a waste of money - she pulled them through the bars.
Now we have a metal box mounted on the wall outside.
Daisy still goes nuts though when I bring in the post and barks at postmen wherever she sees one.

Out of interest does anyone know if dogs see fluorescent in the same way we do because Daisy barks at ANYONE wearing one: postmen, binmen, cyclists, joggers, and my favourite, policemen.                    

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2004, 06:25:27 PM »
Our four like the post too, we have had a cage on as the letter box is at the bottome of the door, fine at first, but Alfie realised that if he hit the cage at the top with his head he could push it down and get the mail, so now we have to have a padlock on it.                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang