Author Topic: Thumb sucking cockers  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Thumb sucking cockers
« on: February 21, 2004, 12:09:04 AM »
When on my knee, Indie likes to suck my thumb whilst she falls asleep, she will hold it there for ages, just like a baby would :?  I don't have a problem with her doing it, but just wondered why she does it :?:   I have never had a thumb sucking dog before :lol:   Does anybody else have this with their dog?  Do you think I should let her do this?  I don't want it causing any distress when I'm not at home :?   I don't think you can buy dog dummies :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 08:09:50 AM »
Awww...I've never heard of this before Emma :)  

Lottie does suck her blanket in her bed though, just like a comforter for a child.  She used to do it with her old scrappy vet bed but we replaced it at Christmas and bought her a large new fleecy blanket.  She's just like a baby with a dummy...she goes in a little trance whilst sucking it :?  :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 08:32:56 AM »
Awwww!
My Indie sometimes does this, but with my finger rather than my thumb, usually when he's tried. He also headbutts my boobs. I reckon it's a security thing, my neighbours dog has a fleecy sheep he still sucks and he's 6.

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 09:33:25 AM »
Cute  :lol:   I've never hear of cocker doing this either.  Does she wake if you take your thumb away?

Morgan does, however, have what we call his 'baby'  :oops:   :lol: - it used to be a big bear but he ended up out on the croft and by the time we found him he was all mouldy, so now he has an Old English Sheepdog teddy  :D .  He won't sleep without his jaw clamped tightly round the teddy.  In fact sometimes we go to bed and Morgan will suddenly remember his 'baby' and he will roam round the house for ages until he finds where he's left it and then drag it through to the bedroom  :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 09:34:14 AM »
That's really sweet  :lol:

Daisy likes to rest her head on my neck if she's having a cuddle, which is also sweet but means I cant move for fear of waking her up  :lol:                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 09:37:01 AM »
He won't sleep without his jaw clamped tightly round the teddy.  l:

That's right Shirley, this is exactly what Lottie does with her blanket :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 09:41:13 AM »
He won't sleep without his jaw clamped tightly round the teddy.

Thats what Vegas is like with his monkey :roll: . He has had it since he was 7 weeks old though so only me and him know it was a monkey - wouldn't know how to describe it now :lol:  All I have to say is "time for bed boys" and off he goes to pick it up and take it to bed. Its sweet really :D                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 12:57:56 PM »
Lucky Morgan with his OE Sheepdog and Dallas with his monkey, poor deprived Misty suckles herself to sleep on a smelly old sock.  :lol:                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 01:39:48 PM »
Buddy likes to go to sleep with his nose tucked into one of my shoes :?  :shock:  :roll:                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline milo's mum

• Site Member
    • http://www.pearshape.co.uk
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 07:33:29 PM »
Milo loves to cuddle and sometimes sucks my thumb. Unfortunately he forgets that it's me and not his chew.... Ouch!                    
Jackie, Steve and Milo.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Thumb sucking cockers
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 07:50:33 PM »
Cute  :lol:   I've never hear of cocker doing this either.  Does she wake if you take your thumb away?  

:

Shirley, yes she does :lol:   She is such a baby, she gets in the feeding baby position on her back, and grabs my hand with her paws, then off she goes sucking my thumb :shock:  Infact I think she thinks she is a baby and i'm sure if you gave her a bottle she would use it  :lol:

Nice stories about everyone elses cuddlie cockers too 8)