Author Topic: Ears!  (Read 1101 times)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Ears!
« on: February 22, 2004, 01:38:24 PM »
Toby's ears look much shorter than lots of pictures of cockers I've seen. Not that this matters  :lol:
Just wondering why? He is definitely purebred (rescue had pedigree etc).
Is this the most bizarre post you've read on here?  :D                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Ears!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 02:23:50 PM »
From the picture I saw of Toby, he looks like my gold when he was younger - and his ears are a bit shorter than my other two. My orange roan has quite long ears - I just think its one of those things that can differ from dog to dog :?  A girl I used to work with said that the father of my gold boy had ears that were set too high up on his head - maybe thats why Brooks ears seem shorter :? because they don't start where they should :?

Hmmm - so rather than help you, I've just succeeded in confusing myself :roll:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline PennyB

Ears!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 06:57:52 PM »
Could it also be because he's been clipped recently. When ruby starts to trip over her I know its time to get her hair cut. Wilf's are quite short at the moment as they had to be clipped quite short (so that the ear where he had the op to remove a lump removed can start to look somewhere near the lenght of his other ear).                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Ears!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 09:11:33 PM »
To be honest I am a complete novice at this so I wasn't sure if he had been clipped, but now you mention it I suspect he must have been as his coat is quite short.