Author Topic: Toys  (Read 1264 times)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Toys
« on: February 26, 2004, 09:01:42 PM »
does anybody else have this problem with toys?

I've been out AGAIN today to replace some of Blues toys, problem is whenever i buy the teddy bear type with the squeaky :roll:  which are his all time fav. he sits and plucks all the fur from it with his teeth.

He loves these toys soooooooooo much but never has them for very long and the rubber ones just dont seem to do it for him! :wink:

Any suggestions for a Blue proof squeaky!? :?                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Toys
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »
Hi Maria

I always get my Soft Toys from carboot sales then it isn't too bad if they pull off the fur at 10p a toy.  Must say though that my boys still have some of their toys from years ago.  They don't seem to like the hard rubber toys.  Douglas has a little latex Duck which was his baby toy and he loves it.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Toys
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 09:49:24 PM »
Another good place to buy from are the charity shops, but have a good feel & tug first, to make sure the eyes etc won't pull out on the first encounter.
I remember reading once about a very expensive visit to the vets after a dog got a needle stuck in its throat after the owner had bought some second hand toys and hadn't checked them, and one had the needle pushed right into it. I would think the chances of that happening again are very remote, but better to be safe than sorry  :wink:                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Toys
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 09:52:42 PM »

Douglas has a little latex Duck which was his baby toy and he loves it.

Awww Dessie thats so cute :wink:

Boot sale sounds like a good idea, are the toys new for 10p? :shock:
if not i've always been abit worried about buying used with it going in his mouth?

But obviously looking at your beautiful dogs there's nothing to worry about. :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Toys
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 09:57:57 PM »
My Frankie LERVES all cuddly toys, they are his babies.
He takes them all into his crate & lays with them, occaisionally checking to make sure they are all still there.
I have a dog flap to an outside run, from my dog room & he always takes a baby, if he needs to go out.
He never destroys them & won't let Ally have even one  :roll:                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Toys
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 09:59:06 PM »
Otis 8)  loves his toys too Kim, his toy box is on top of the crate in the kitchen, and he NEVER goes outside without a toy in his chops :lol:

Also would suggest that whatever you buy, you either bung it in the washing machine or sink first  :wink:                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Toys
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 10:02:39 PM »
Another good place to buy from are the charity shops, but have a good feel & tug first, to make sure the eyes etc won't pull out on the first encounter.  
I remember reading once about a very expensive visit to the vets after a dog got a needle stuck in its throat after the owner had bought some second hand toys and hadn't checked them, and one had the needle pushed right into it. I would think the chances of that happening again are very remote, but better to be safe than sorry  :wink:

hmmmmmm ok now i'm worried again! :lol:

Thanks michelle, I can see myself pulling a few arms and legs off in my quest for Blue :shock:  :wink:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Toys
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 10:25:48 AM »
Ikea is good for toys too. I don't know why but Phoebe doesn't destroy those. The ones from pet shops shes plucks as well.                    
Anita

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Toys
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 12:22:47 PM »
Buttons is generally very good with her toys and doesn't destroy any of them  :) But she is partial to any toys that aren't hers  :roll:  i.e toys off Emilys bed  :twisted: Emily has cuddly toys lined up at the bottom of her bed and Butty spends all day bringing them down and distributing them all over the living room :lol: ...it is like a merry-go-round..I take them back up...she brings them all back down...and it goes on and on and on  :roll:  :lol:
Her favourite toy at the moment is a little pink hard plastic ball that has red flashing lights inside it and makes weird nosies  :shock:  I think she found it under the kids bed  :roll:
When my friends cocker Roana comes to stay I have to remove ALL plastic squeaky toys as she completely destroys them  :wink:

Gilly