Author Topic: Just met a sprocker in the park  (Read 1772 times)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Just met a sprocker in the park
« on: February 29, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »
Met this gorgeous dog, a black and white cross between a springer and a cocker, the lady called him a sprocker! He was beautiful, had the hieight of a springer but the cockers face and ears, really unusual, but I thought he was very handsome.

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 12:54:53 PM »
Funnily enough, we had one come into the work the other day. She was absolutely gorgeous and looked just like a small springer.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 02:28:26 PM »
Met this gorgeous dog, a black and white cross between a springer and a cocker, the lady called him a sprocker!
Shona

Just as springers and collies are sprollies!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 04:04:19 PM »
I've never seen a springer/cocker cross. I bet they're lovely.                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 04:59:39 PM »
I grew up with a 'sprollie' - she was the loveliest dog you could ever hope to meet. I often see much I remember from her in my current springer Jazz - both looks and temperment -wise  :D She lived to the ripe old age of 15 yrs, and only passed away 3 years ago :( She had a thing about chasing balloons... christmas and birthdays were always fun with Susie about  :lol:

A couple of years ago 'sprockers' were being touted as the next big thing in the world of working dogs - and being bred as such, purposely (from working lines) but I havent heard as much about them in the last year or so.                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 11:17:15 AM »
At phoebe's groomers I saw this beautiful dog - a sprocker. She was black and the size of a springer but with the look of a cocker. I'd be interested to know whether these are being 'breed' now.                    
Anita

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 12:09:55 PM »
I think it was just from working lines that they were being bred - though I'm not entirely sure how such a sprocker would differ that much from a working cocker or a working springer :? Sprockers that come from show-type backgrounds are more likely to be the result of accidental matings I think, to be honest. Not that it makes them any less beautiful dogs  :wink: