Author Topic: Pedigree  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Pedigree
« on: March 16, 2004, 03:29:49 PM »
I am still waiting for our breeder to register the litter with the Kennelclub.. I would like to try and show Jazz, although it may not be a serious activity, I would like the option.

Is there any way I can find out more about her pedigree and ancestors...

I have a hand written copy of her pedigree, and recognise some names such as 'Shenmore Star Witness' and a number of various 'Lynwater's'

Any advise or help would be great received.

Cathy                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Pedigree
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 03:37:03 PM »
Hiya Alan...Shenmore is the affix of our golbal moderator and highy respected member Jane  :wink:  so I am sure she will be able to advise you better.....you can find Jane's website at...www.shenmore-cockers.co.uk, I have a Lynwater bitch called Buttons....you can have a look on my website at Buttons Pedigree as I have some picture links to, so you might find they are distantly releated  :wink:  http://www.buttons-cockerspaniel.pwp.bluey...uk/pedigree.htm also Lynwater (a very famous kennel) have a great website which has lots of pictures www.lynwater.supanet.com.
I think the best place to start with regards to showing is to ask your breeders opinion...also try and pop along to some local shows and see what you think  :)

Gilly                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Pedigree
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 04:25:54 PM »
Hi Alan/Cathy

If you haven't received your KC documents by now, then you need to start pursuing the breeder as we discussed a few weeks ago and/or checking with the Kennel Club whether the litter has in fact been registered. If you want any specific advice let me know. We did indeed breed George (Shenmore Star Witness) but did not own him - he was owned by Moray Armstrong (Bitcon) for some years although he is now living in happy retirement in a pet home. Normally as Gilly says, your breeder is the best person to talk to about getting into showing, although I don't believe your breeder is in fact involved in this aspect of dogs so may not be able to give you much in the way of practical advice. If you want to go along to a show (without Jazz) to see what it's like & talk to other breeders, Midland Cocker Club have their Championship Show on April 3 held at Warley, W Mids. Let me know if you want further details :)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Pedigree
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 08:02:09 PM »
i have a load of names and parents too ,ones that arent just in my ones pedigree but other names i just came across . if you  can pm me with  the names  then i may be able to help with a few .                    

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Pedigree
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 10:04:59 AM »
I have written today to the breeder to remind her about the KC registration. I called the KC and the last registeration for this bitch was in 2002.

I have done some home work regarding  some of the missing 'history' in her pedigree, but can not find out much info on the 'Bitcon' entries.. does anone know  if there is a more specific website i may find some of these pedigrees, then i can work back...

Indeed Gilly, upon looking  in Jazz'a history Buttons is related, They share the same GGG Father..Lynwater Sunshade.  

HA I know this is probally really common, but i found it quite exciting...

Maybe im just a bit to sad..  :?

Jane. I will definatly go along and have a look at a show, I can not make the 3rd April, which is a shame, but will have a look for anoher..                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Pedigree
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 10:05:06 AM »
I have written today to the breeder to remind her about the KC registration. I called the KC and the last registeration for this bitch was in 2002.

I have done some home work regarding  some of the missing 'history' in her pedigree, but can not find out much info on the 'Bitcon' entries.. does anone know  if there is a more specific website i may find some of these pedigrees, then i can work back...

Indeed Gilly, upon looking  in Jazz'a history Buttons is related, They share the same GGG Father..Lynwater Sunshade.  

HA I know this is probally really common, but i found it quite exciting...

Maybe im just a bit to sad..  :?

Jane. I will definatly go along and have a look at a show, I can not make the 3rd April, which is a shame, but will have a look for anoher..                    
CATHY

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Pedigree
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 10:23:06 AM »
Cathy, if you want info on any of the Bitcon names, then email me - I have them all in my database :)

Jane                    
Jane